Question for you guys.....

jeh-see

Hey guys, I'm having a bit of a mental dilemma. I am trying to come up with a fantasy hockey team. I do have the name, the Chainsaw Terror of Texas, based loosely on the Texas Chainsaw Massacre series of flicks and the main villan, Leatherface.

Thats the only part of this i am sure of. I have some great ideas for logos and secondary marks already buzzing around in my head, its the color scheme and era to put the team that im stumped on. Should I have the team originate in the mid-70's and make the logo progress from the original (Gunnar Hansen only!!!!) Leatherface finally winding up with the current rendition (Andrew Bryniarksi, who is excellent in his own right), or just go strictly modern (mid-90's) and use the Bryniarski model? Keep in mind, if the "vote" is to go with the progression, there will only be two base models ill go by to progress the logos. In my opinion, there are only SO many things u can do with the idea and those to portrayals of the character are both classic.

As far as the colors go, I'd like to incorporate the Texas state flag colors (red, blue and white, for those who arent sure), but I dont want those to be the only colors, as they dont scream out "Terror" to me. Black, of course, would be an option, but a played out one. I will have to have secondary colors of silver or gray (or both) for the chainsaw and some sort of fleshy color for the skin mask the logo character will be sporting, but id like to add at least one, maybe two colors to the primary pallete.

Give me some input and/or feedback, maybe even some ideas about what elements might make this pop. I'll start mock ups tomorrow and start posting them here for u guys to C and C.

Thanks, guys, I know I can count on you for some guidance. I'm not in these pickles often, but I know where to go when I am.

~UJ

i think a houston texans red, white, and blue would be your best bet. a really dark blue.

then use maybe 2 silvers... an almost metallic charcoal, and a regular "sports silver"...

beyond that, you run the risk of a rainbox of colors. but i'm sure you can get away with a flesh color on the logos only.

can't wait to see what you come up with.

i think a houston texans red, white, and blue would be your best bet. a really dark blue.

then use maybe 2 silvers... an almost metallic charcoal, and a regular "sports silver"...

beyond that, you run the risk of a rainbox of colors. but i'm sure you can get away with a flesh color on the logos only.

can't wait to see what you come up with.

Thanks for the input. The flesh color would only be used in the logos. Mainly just the crest, not even the shoulder logos. I didnt think about using a navy blue for the blue color, kind of meshing blue and black together.

I am still kind of scratching out sketches for the main crest, but the shoulders I have a couple thoughts kind of concrete its just a matter of what I want to use. One being a Texas state silhouette with a chainsaw blade slicing it in half. Another idea is having a chainsaw with a tattered Texas flag tied to the blade. Lastly, I have the option to interlock the CTT initials of the team with a blade cutting them vertically or diagonally. I dont really want to put a lot of blood in any of the logos, unless it sells the image a bit.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd make the alt the primary, actually. It's much more intimidating and less cartoony. Nice stuff in general.

agreed, this would make a nice primary logo. i also think the secondary should stay the secondary, and the others should be scrapped, except the saw is family logo could be used for some kind of promotion or even a sig if you wanted to show off your team on here. overall, nice work but just switch around the order and your good to go.

Archived