UNC Basketball Concept

thepablo21

Hey everyone, for my second concept on the board I wanted to do UNC basketball. I have been wanting to do them for a long time, but until they recently got shoulder-striped by Nike they had damn good jerseys so I wasn't sure what to improve on. But once they did get the Nike overhaul I went ahead and redesigned their jerseys.

I really wanted to keep the argyle since it is one of if not the most side marking of any basketball uniform. But to simplify I removed the side stripe and made the argyle a little bigger so it could stand on its own without the different colored strip that they currently employ. I also tried to keep the navy blue to an absolute minimum, using it only in the argyle. Also, to give a little old school flair I added the Tar Heel logo at the bottom of the shorts, the same one that graced the bottom of the shorts for many years. The whole thing also harkens back to the older jerseys because of the lack of outline on the names and numbers. Overall I think it turned out pretty good, but I would like to have some C & C please!

white%20jersey.jpg

bluejersey.jpg

Not entirely sold on the use of the Arizona Cardinals numeral font. If you were to use the font they used for so long that'd look a lot better IMO--but block numbers also look good. AS a matter of fact, this whole set looks REAL good. (that's an understatement.)

Maybe you might wanna run this past the UNC braintrust and get their input on it...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Not entirely sold on the use of the Arizona Cardinals numeral font. If you were to use the font they used for so long that'd look a lot better IMO--but block numbers also look good. AS a matter of fact, this whole set looks REAL good. (that's an understatement.)

Maybe you might wanna run this past the UNC braintrust and get their input on it...

unc braintrust? i don't think nike is listening...

haha, great jerseys man

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

unc braintrust? i don't think nike is listening...

haha, great jerseys man

<CHANNELING HOMER SIMPSON>

D'OH!!!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived