ESPN's new score bug

okiebrave

Anyone here see the new ESPN "score bug" (as it's refered). I was watching the Heat/Rockets game. It's hard to describe the look but it's fairly basic and is nothing at all like the MNF scoreboard graphic. They went with the flat bar like FOX and other networks have gone with. The main differences are that it doesn't stretch across the screen completely and it doesn't appear to have a bunch of moving parts. I'm not a big fan of the flat bar across the bottom of the screen. I think it would be fine if it were located on the top of the screen.

I don't know why but I am fascinated by what the networks use as on screen graphics and I like when the beginning of a new sport season comes around to see the new graphic package TV networks have gone with.

Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone caught that as well or if anyone can post a pic of it.

Thanks all,

-OKIE

i think it actually looks really good, very simple aside from the gradients, i like how it looks, even on the bottom of the screen. when the camera shot is wide, and the crowd is being covered by the bug it looks great.

At least it is better than the CBS Football one. I have a 27-inch tv, which is decent sized but not huge. They use logos for the out-of-town score updates at the bottom, but they are so small and have some stylized effects to them that you can't even thell what team it is. It's been bugging me all season!

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

At least it is better than the CBS Football one. I have a 27-inch tv, which is decent sized but not huge. They use logos for the out-of-town score updates at the bottom, but they are so small and have some stylized effects to them that you can't even thell what team it is. It's been bugging me all season!

but really, what do u expect? has cbs EVER done anything right?!

SigReflect.png

Terrible idea. They used to have the best one, up there in the upper-left. Nice and simple.

Those have become obsolete with HDTV though. On HDTV it looks like it's hovering randomly. At least there are anchors now.

But CBS does it.

Archived