Get fuzzy 12/10 : bucky's bad team names

webdav

I can't believe we've gotten two pages into this discussion and nobody's brought up Red Meat yet. Granted, I doubt it's in many "mainstream" papers, but that's one wicked strip!

Red Meat is great.  Max Cannon is from Tucson and I met him while I lived down there.  He's a bout 5'8", bald w/ glasses, as I recall.  Looks pretty innocuous, but he's a sick mother:censored:er.

Of course my favorite strip, for obvious reasons, is Liberty Meadows.

liberty2003111108922.gif

liberty2030496031202.gif

liberty2609930031208.gif

liberty2003112198212.gif

...the one strip I hate and have never had any inkling of affection for is the Family Circus.

Die, Bil Keane! Your damned 8 year old has been drawing plop comics for years! He's not eight! You're sitting on your hand, THEN drawing something that isn't funny! DIE DIE DIE DIE.

Dude, I feel exactly the same way. Those insipid, "kids-say-the-damnedest-things" :censored:ing Family Circus strips drive...me...MAD!!!

When "Liberty Meadows" left the Washington Post, they told us that Frank Cho had decided to take the strip to comic book form as he didn't like the restrictions placed on him by "family" newspapers. (When he started drawing the strip at the University of Maryland, Frank was a duck!) And those strips, despite the 2003 copyright, look OLD. I'm going to have to check out the 'net, and see what's up there.

While we're touting comics, let me put in a vote for "Big Nate." It's a strip I regularly enjoy. And anytime the grandfather shows up, "Pickles" is funny as well.

The Far Side is so good, so often. Too bad it's not in the paper anymore.

It is here, but not with the comics.

It won't be any new cartoons though as Gary Larson retired a few years back. Fortunately he has left a big back catalogue of stuff to amuse us all with!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Cathy, Family Circus, and Nancy all need to be burned and erased from our memories.  I hate them all.  Cathy is just stupid. I'm a seventeen year old dude, of course I'm going to hate a strip about the troubles of an overweight, no-luck-at-love, middle aged woman.  Family Circus:  I'd love to smack that entire family.  Bil Keane should be hit in the knees with a golf club.  Nancy.  Brad and Guy Gilchrist.  What wretched souls.  That strip is about Country Music(namely Charlie Daniels), sappy religious stuff, and other stupid crap.  One time they spent a week on how Sluggo and the school bully became instant friends after the school instituted a bully-free policy.  Please, stab out my eyes.  And what's up with Sluggo.  The poorest kid in school dates the ugliest kid in school? I dunno.  

In Get Fuzzy, Rob wheres a lot of rugby(mostly All Blacks stuff, but the occasional Team USA rugby shirt) stuff and a lot of stuff from the band Ween.  Recently the crew went to Canada where Rob sported a very well drawn Mooseheads jersey while at one of their games.

Archived