McCarthy to Rangers.....Garcia to Phillies

black_gold_capone

Danks is supposed to be a stud, so that's one explanation. Maybe McCarthy is hurt and the Sox know it and wanted something for him.

One possibility is the Sox are gaining assets to trade, possibly to TB for one of their outfielders.

While I lived in Fort Worth from Jan. 2000-Dec. 2005, Ranger fans have been really looking for Danks,top 10 overall in 2003, to help the genreal rotation. He was drafted in 2003, by John Hart, so most Ranger fans have no trust in a Hart pick, even in the top 10 picks. The future of the Ranger staff was to be called DDV (Danks, Diamond, and Volquez). Since Danks is gone, it appears that Zito has gone away. While I am not a Ranger fan, I really don't think that Jon Daniels can do the job. Tom Hicks tried to get "the next Theo Epstein", but the will finish in 3rd place as usual.

H*ll, I am two yers older than him and only had minor league experience, before I went to grad school and started to work in college athletic deparments and could not do tht job with a Masters. Good lick Mr. Daniels, it is not fantasy baseball anymore! First, Carlos Lee, who did nothintg for you, but turns it into a d@mn good contract with the Astros. Now Eric Gagne after, two Tommy John operations. Now a good sign for the boys on I-30.

The deal is sad to me...but positives are there...

Dealing Danks (A 21 yr old LHP) breaks up the DVD-trio of prospects... but it McCarthy is a 23 yr old MLB quality SP...Danks is not there yet...Needless to say I think it was more a build for now...worry about later when it comes deal.

tex_rangers.jpg

credit: Logodawg86

Archived