New Orleans Saints

Troy

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was the first to brake the news that the Saints, were going to be changing the uniforms for next year. I found it out from my the marketing director of Budweiser, when a memo was sent to them on behalf of the team and the NFL. I still don't know what they are going to look like but I am curious to see that stores down here are selling more and more of the '94 throwback style jersey than anything. They are selling them as 'alternates' as well as the gold jersey's that is understood to have been a one time only deal! Usually when a team is going to change their uniform the old one's go on sale and I have yet to see that from any of the stores. My only guess is that it most likely won't happen until the end of the playoffs so that the team can get as much revenue from jersey sales as possible and sometime during the off season they will have a uniform unveiling. I am in constant contact with my rep from Budewiser, trying to get my eyes on any type of design that may come across the board. I don't want to get into trouble by posting it on here so if I do get something I will only send it via e-mail. I do know that they were trying to push the league to let them wear the 'new' uniforms for the game this week against Carolina, but the league denied them since the proposal was not completed before the start of this season. If that's the case then they must have them ready to wear but will have to wait until next year!

I do know that they are still using the fleur-de-lis, not the state logo, next season. I heard that from someone that works with the Saints.

Also, I think the gold alts were just a one year deal. The jerseys were autographed and auctioned off after that season.

I do know that they are still using the fleur-de-lis, not the state logo, next season. I heard that from someone that works with the Saints.

Great news!

Also, I think the gold alts were just a one year deal.

And even more great news!

I hope they go with a simple design that looks great in just a few combinations, i.e. unlike the Titans who seem to have 50 combinations to wear.

It's too bad the sticks in the mud at the NFL wouldn't let them unveil the new threads for the Carolina game, or at least in the playoffs.

And in answer to a previous post, I personally hope they'll go with black shoes (assuming the retro rumors are correct).

As a point of interest, black pants are nothing new. Though you can't tell from this pic, in keeping with tradition (or establishing it), the gold in the pants stripe (gold-white-gold) matched nothing else in the uniform.

ArchieManningPhoto1.JPG

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

wow these were on the saints shop as thorwback unis

t_445.jpg

but if the new jerseys are anything like this i think they will look amazing

and my oppinion iswhere the gold pants with both jerseys and occasionally the black pants only with the white jerseys. as for the gold alternates seeing that the only time they wore them they lost by 1 point when the vikings decided to go for a 2 pt conversin they might have some superstitions weather or not to bring them back. but i didnt like them with black pants eiter, but i agree they would look nice if the saints had white pants

Archived