FSU pants logo

StefOn

This is a fascinating examination of a uniform discrepancy I never even would have thought existed unless someone else brought it up here. Very cool.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

111104qx9.jpg

Something don't look right here. I know I ain't on crack.

Look at the number on the front of the jersey. Now look at the number up on the left shoulder.

Anyone else see what I see--or rather, what I don't see???

The second digit on the shoulder is washed out by the light reflection. It's there.
Must just be this screen I'm looking at then...but I really don't see the "0" or whatever the other digit is. Imma have to look at this on my screen back at my rack, then.
I'm using one of the ol' Dell gov issued laptops (you know the kind, Mr. Camel Spider!), I adjusted the screen angle, and saw there was a definitive outline of the bottom of the number.
Now that I've spent the past five minutes looking like an idiot flipping my own Dell gov-issued laptop (yeah I know the one!) screen up and down and pining to see something, I do see what could possibly be the bottom edge of the second digit...if it isn't a wrinkle at the seam of the sleeve and shoulder panel. But even then...it appears to be too far away from the "1".

I don't know--after I get out if this AO, I should go tuck myself deep in my sleeping bag back at the rack and stay there til the sun come up again. (As if they'd let me...)

Here is another picture that appears to be from later in the game (note the dirt on his left shoulder). He either changed jerseys or the 9 was washed out in the other picture.

51732091to1.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

SIDE NOTE: looking back at all those pictures pasted up from Getty Images was like a walk down Memory Lane for me...seeing the likes of Peter Warrick, and Travis Minor...and just renewing my love of the garnet and gold. Okay...time to get up off my sentimental, here...

Amen brother. Pete will always be my favorite. It's too bad his talent didn't transfer to the pros, and he was injury prone as well.

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

Archived