FSU pants logo

StefOn

I just saw a pic from the Emerald Bowl and noticed that the logo on the pants is pretty different than the Chief Osceola logo.

I do not follow FSU, so this might not be new to some of you. If not new, does anyone know why they use a different logo here? Changing the wording from Florida State to Noles is one thing, but this logo has changed proportions, misses the face paint and has a new hairline (Elvis look). Also, the longer I look at that face, the more asian that face looks to me.

Is this alredy the "fading out" of Chief Osceola?

fsupants.jpg

I just saw a pic from the Emerald Bowl and noticed that the logo on the pants is pretty different than the Chief Osceola logo.

I do not follow FSU, so this might not be new to some of you. If not new, does anyone know why they use a different logo here? Changing the wording from Florida State to Noles is one thing, but this logo has changed proportions, misses the face paint and has a new hairline (Elvis look). Also, the longer I look at that face, the more asian that face looks to me.

Is this alredy the "fading out" of Chief Osceola?

fsupants.jpg

I've noticed that too but I think it's just a case of a complicated logo not transferring well to a small patch on the pants. Not a different logo just getting shrunk down and losing details.

It appears to be a case of "it has always been that way." Here's a picture from October 22, 1988:

102288vx9.jpg

That one is not quite the same, though. You can see in this picture, the pants logo still has the face paint. Also, this one appears to say "state" where the new one says "noles."

MegatronSig2.jpg

It appears to be a case of "it has always been that way." Here's a picture from October 22, 1988:
That one is not quite the same, though. You can see in this picture, the pants logo still has the face paint. Also, this one appears to say "state" where the new one says "noles."

It appears FSU has worn at least 3 different versions of Osceola on the hip:

• STATE with face paint
  • NOLES with face paint
  • NOLES without face paint

October 10, 1998 (STATE with face paint):

1010981ac4.jpg

August 31, 1998 (NOLES with face paint):

083198uq8.jpg

September 12, 1998 (NOLES without face paint):

0912981qm8.jpg

November 11, 2004 (NOLES without face paint):

111104qx9.jpg

January 4, 2006 (NOLES without face paint):

010406ec7.jpg

It also appears that there was some overlap in 1998.

September 25, 1998 (NOLES with face paint on top, NOLES without face paint on bottom):

092698gv3.jpg

November 21, 1998 (NOLES without face paint on #48, NOLES with face paint on far right):

1121982tj2.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but the patches with "State" and the face paint are all on the right hip while the ones with "Noles" and no face paint are all on the left hip. I think they wore both patches, "State" on the right and "Noles" on the left.

I don't know if this is a coincidence or not, but the patches with "State" and the face paint are all on the right hip while the ones with "Noles" and no face paint are all on the left hip. I think they wore both patches, "State" on the right and "Noles" on the left.

Here's Peter Warrick from both sides on October 10, 1998:

1010981ac4.jpg

1010982ik5.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Thank you guys.

I still don't get why they change the logo for the pants (and just the pants) but what the heck...

By the way: September 12, 1998, that Nole has NO face paint.

Edited: I somehow forgot the "NO", stupid me.

• 1 year later...

As noted in the Uni Watch: Back-to-school edition, FSU switched from heat-pressed to sewn-on tackle twill uniform numbers. It also looks like the Chief Osceola logo was updated on the gold pants.

November 3, 2007:

110307ef8.jpg

September 6, 2008:

090608md1.jpg

As noted in the Uni Watch: Back-to-school edition, FSU switched from heat-pressed to sewn-on tackle twill uniform numbers. It also looks like the Chief Osceola logo was updated on the gold pants.

November 3, 2007:

110307ef8.jpg

September 6, 2008:

090608md1.jpg

Thank God. That looks so much better, patch and numbering included.

IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!

That looks SO MUCH BETTER! Much cleaner appearance. Look like my 'Noles done finally caught up to the other guys in the quality of authenticity! (Of course, it also appears that the 'Noles have taken on the same goofy jersey style/cut/template as the North Carolina Tar Heels, with the sweat-reactive panel thing and the two-tone effect it produces.)

SIDE NOTE: looking back at all those pictures pasted up from Getty Images was like a walk down Memory Lane for me...seeing the likes of Peter Warrick, and Travis Minor...and just renewing my love of the garnet and gold. Okay...time to get up off my sentimental, here...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

111104qx9.jpg

Something don't look right here. I know I ain't on crack.

Look at the number on the front of the jersey. Now look at the number up on the left shoulder.

Anyone else see what I see--or rather, what I don't see???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

111104qx9.jpg

Look at the number on the front of the jersey. Now look at the number up on the left shoulder.

The second digit on the shoulder is washed out by the light reflection. It's there.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

111104qx9.jpg

The second digit on the shoulder is washed out by the light reflection. It's there.

Must just be this screen I'm looking at then...but I really don't see the "0" or whatever the other digit is. Imma have to look at this on my screen back at my rack, then.

111104qx9.jpg

Must just be this screen I'm looking at then...but I really don't see the "0" or whatever the other digit is. Imma have to look at this on my screen back at my rack, then.

I'm using one of the ol' Dell gov issued laptops (you know the kind, Mr. Camel Spider!), I adjusted the screen angle, and saw there was a definitive outline of the bottom of the number.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

111104qx9.jpg

I'm using one of the ol' Dell gov issued laptops (you know the kind, Mr. Camel Spider!), I adjusted the screen angle, and saw there was a definitive outline of the bottom of the number.

Now that I've spent the past five minutes looking like an idiot flipping my own Dell gov-issued laptop (yeah I know the one!) screen up and down and pining to see something, I do see what could possibly be the bottom edge of the second digit...if it isn't a wrinkle at the seam of the sleeve and shoulder panel. But even then...it appears to be too far away from the "1".

I don't know--after I get out if this AO, I should go tuck myself deep in my sleeping bag back at the rack and stay there til the sun come up again. (As if they'd let me...)

Archived