Updating my site

Nesi427

Hey I just wanted to get some feedback on this new site layout concept I have been working on. I have the new logo as you all know, so I need a new site to incorporate it.

Here is a link to my current site:

christophernesi.tk

My concept:

site3.jpg

spacer.png

FANTASY SPORTS: UBA (NBA): New York Scrapers | CL (MLB): St Pete Beach Clippers

Is that the kind of site that opens in a new, smaller window? Looks like it to me, but if it doesn't, nice. If it does, I hate it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Is that the kind of site that opens in a new, smaller window? Looks like it to me, but if it doesn't, nice. If it does, I hate it.

thanks for the very constructive words...

spacer.png

Use the diagonal striped orange for the overall background.

Nesi, some people just hate it when something opens in a new window. Its beyond me really, but who knows.

That was the first way I created it, but I didn't think that text or any other content would look right with the diagonal going through the content. I think that it would look good going behind the lighter panel, to be more in the background.

And this site won't open in a new window, it will be centered on the page, similar to what I have now.

spacer.png

Use the diagonal striped orange for the overall background.

Nesi, some people just hate it when something opens in a new window. Its beyond me really, but who knows.

That was the first way I created it, but I didn't think that text or any other content would look right with the diagonal going through the content. I think that it would look good going behind the lighter panel, to be more in the background.

And this site won't open in a new window, it will be centered on the page, similar to what I have now.

i should have explained myself a little better. the lighter color is fine for the text but for the overall background use the diagonal stripe (use above the title bar, on all sides, you get the idea). Basically where there is white in your picture of it, expand the diagonal stripe area into it.

i should have explained myself a little better. the lighter color is fine for the text but for the overall background use the diagonal stripe (use above the title bar, on all sides, you get the idea). Basically where there is white in your picture of it, expand the diagonal stripe area into it.

Is this what you mean?

site3_2.jpg

And I made it faint b/c it didn't look good in solid black.

spacer.png

I like the update as far as colors go. It's nice to see that you're trying to give your site the whole blue/orange interface to blend in with your logo.

However, I think it might be worth checking out a liquid layout... By that, I mean that you shouldn't box the content on your website and allow it to breathe. This might eventually come in handy when you have bigger elements in your portfolio, and also to fill up the screen nicely on any screen resolution.

Josh's comment about having the orange background is good, as it gives no apparent boundary for the website.

I suggest you take a look at a great how-to I found on the net for Web 2.0: Web 2.0 how-to design style guide.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

Archived