Nfl coach of the year

Saintsfan

anyone who can turn the begals into contenders must be an outstanding coach, so i say lewis

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I'd say Parcells with Lewis a close second. Parcells is IMO probably the best coach in the NFL.

I've come very much to respect the way he tones down victories by pointing out the aspects they played very poorly in as well. After I've watched Martz try to spin the poorest played games and lucky victories into "terrific" and "deserved" victories, I really like Parcells style.

Marvin Lewis in a landslide -  with John Fox runner-up! :cool:

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I really do think there are 4 or 5 guys on my list who could deserve to win this. Parcells has done a fantastic job, but the Cowboys won 5 games last year, so so far thats only a 5 game improvement. For Lewis to get the Bengals to were he has is a stunning job, from a 2 win team to layoff contenders is a miracle anywhere, to do it in Cinci just shows the guys quality. And Bellichick is a great NFL coach, and in the circumstances of a team everyone thought would struggle, he has done a great job too.

I also think Tice and John Fox deserve a little more respect that they are getting here. Both have made big improvements with there teams, and for unsung guys deserve a lot more praise IMO.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

but Lewis is only a 6 win difference, so far. Correct? And Parcells has team IN the playoffs.

The Bengals are in a division where the division winner technically wouldn't even be a Wild Card. The Cowboys are in a division with a team with a damn good shot at the Super Bowl.

Points taken, but I still think all things considered Lewis has done a better job. He is arookie coach after all, and Parcells has been doing the job for 20 years on and off. Personally I think Parcells had more to work with than Lewis, the Cowboys had under achieved for a while, whilst the Bengals were just plan bad, and Lewis has had a fair bit if pressure being a high profile minority appointment.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

but Lewis is only a 6 win difference, so far.  Correct?  And Parcells has team IN the playoffs.

The Bengals are in a division where the division winner technically wouldn't even be a Wild Card.  The Cowboys are in a division with a team with a damn good shot at the Super Bowl.

Points taken, but I still think all things considered Lewis has done a better job. He is arookie coach after all, and Parcells has been doing the job for 20 years on and off. Personally I think Parcells had more to work with than Lewis, the Cowboys had under achieved for a while, whilst the Bengals were just plan bad, and Lewis has had a fair bit if pressure being a high profile minority appointment.

I also think Dallas already had the talent there.  They just needed some one to push the right buttons.  Lewis is doing more with less.

The Cowboys, Panthers, and Patriots are all over-achieving, and their respective coaches deserve every shred of credit they get, but for my money, if you can make the Bengals playoff-contenders without stepping on the field, you deserve Coach of the Year.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Just looked at the Staples Coach of the Year voting on NFL.com, and interestingly the voting is going fairly similar there, bearing in mind you could vote there for any of the 32 NFL head coaches, Lewis has a good lead of Parcells and Belichick.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Archived