New Company Logo

gueman

My father in law asked me to come up with a logo for a new division in his company he is starting. I have done work for him in the past. Anyway he wanted me to incorporate the initials of Y & C and include an arrow. Oh and he likes simple designs. Nothing really "went pop" for me so this is the best so far. For the record the company Youngger Consulting is a financial services company that works exclusively with families with handicapped children in Canada. And yes there are supposed to be two G's in Youngger. I don't know why. Any C&C would be appreciated.

YC2a.png

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

Needs cleaning up. The outlines are too thin to be of much good at any normal size (think of a business card size, not 800x600 on your computer screen), and the blue vertical line at the far right is not the same width as the other verticals in the logo.

What would happen if you rounded some of the corners? What would happen if you italicized/skewed it? What would happen if you took the "C" out?

There's a lot of opportunities here, and I think instead of just going with the first combination that works, fiddle with a few of them and don't stop until you have 3 or 4 you really like.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Here's a thought:

Try an almost cursive Y. A curvy Y with a tail that doesn't come all the way back to cross over, but creates a smaller C (which I think is appropriate as the C is the least important of the two letters). Maybe don't let the tail become the C, but maybe create a new shape of the C and let that shape merge against the shape of the tail of the Y.

I hope that's clear enough. If it's not and I have time, maybe I'll do a quick mockup.

I agree with the previous concerns about it reading "CY", but besides that, it seems the two letters are fighting for "equal billing" in a way that hurts the design. I thought of one rule of design that might help: contrast. In other words, if you have two items that are different, make them very different. Make one dark & the other light, or one thick and the other thin, one large and the other small, etc. In this case, I would explore a way to make the "Y" dominant.

Now, if you decide to explore other ideas for the logo, I think you might find this extremely helpful:

Strategies for Letter-based Logo Design

LT

Its a nice start. Id try different colors. Try some darker, more sophisticated looking shades, or some brighter contemporary colors also.

Possibly try a darker 'Y' and a light 'C' in hopes to makes the Y read first.

Maybe try making the Arrow tip less pointy/tall.

I'd also use a less decorative font for the fully written out text at the bottom.

Archived