Baltimore Orioles Concept

speedy

Wow. I'm blown away. These look simply splendtacular. I have always loved the bird logo, and I'm diggin' that new Baltimore wordmark. In my personal opinion, the B looks kinda sweet and cool, and would make an amazing hat that I would definitely buy. While I will never be a fan of black jerseys in general, the alternates look snazzy, and so does the batting practice jersey.

speedy, this is a great concept and adds to your already impressive concepts. A

c. The 21-losses-in-a-row bird (cartoonish one)

Don't you mean the "3 World Championships" one?

As for the concept, I think the whole set is very well done. I only have a few criticisms.

1. As a matter of personal preference, I have always liked the Orioles sets without piping around the placket. I think that may be because I hated the set with the black script on the home unis (worn in Cal's 2131 game, for a point of reference). That being said, they are very well executed with the piping. I would just like them better without it.

2. I agree with everyone who said the B you selected for the cap looks too much the Red Sox B. I have always liked the 1964 B that someone linked/posted above. That may be because I really liked the whole 1964 home uniform, with the vertically arched block "Orioles" text. Either way, if you are going to use a B, I think that is the one to choose. The cursive B from the road script would remind me too much of the horrid O's caps, which I can't stand.

3. In terms of letter versus bird on the cap, I'm used to the bird and would prefer that. I really don't know which I would prefer. I grew up with the cartoon bird, but I think the realistic bird is very sharp too.

Again, despite these points, I really like the overall package. Very good work.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Archived