Cincinnati Drifters

Shumway

Some of you may recall this guy I did quite a while ago:

Drifter2.png

Well, when I applied for one of the fantasy baseball leagues on here, I opted to completely revamp the logo, obviously giving it a baseball theme. Here's what went down, essentially.

- I liked the colors I originally had, but I messed with the primary colors a bit, eventually deciding on the charcoal(dirty gray, as I called it) as a primary, along with red. I used black for trim, and silver in some areas. I still kind of wish I went with brown as the primary, but red and brown are very tough to get to work together.

- I'm hoping the charcoal's dark enough to differ from the standard road gray.

- I tried to keep the cartoon feel to it, without using the basic 2-pt. outline on everything. One of my original sketches was very edgy and dark, but, as much as I liked it, I opted to go with this approach, one that's more my regular drawing style (naturally, I'm a cartoonist)

- I originally had a red alt rather than the charcoal, but I figured that since nobody has a charcoal alternate, I'd try it.

Anywho, that's enough out of me - give me your thoughts if you wish.

DriftersIdentity2.png

I like the idea, but I liked how in your first design he had yellow teeth. Something about the hat seems a little weird as well, it doesn't scream "HOBO" at me...maybe put the 1st hat on the 2nd design?

All in all I like it a lot, it's very creative.

call the minor leagues and tell them about this thread. i really like the logo, it is amazing. the type might be a little plain for such a unique concept, but that is a quick fix. the unis look great too, i love the dirty gray alternate, i would buy that hat if it was offered, no joke. great job.

call the minor leagues and tell them about this thread. i really like the logo, it is amazing. the type might be a little plain for such a unique concept, but that is a quick fix. the unis look great too, i love the dirty gray alternate, i would buy that hat if it was offered, no joke. great job.

I'm not completely sold on my wordmark yet, but I liked the way the "D" worked for the alternate logo. I might try to alter some of the other letters a bit to make it more interesting. Although I used a certain font for the "C" in the primary cap logo, I might play with a few other styles.

this is a really nice modernization of your original

i might suggest having his other hand on the bat, as if he's swinging it...right now that arm is just kind of limp and in my head, i imagine it dangling

i'm with eray on the wordmark...seems a bit plain and i really don't like the way it looks on the jersey - maybe you could do an arched version with the D and the S larger than the "rifter" - the outline around the wordmark looks a little large on the jersey, as well

i really like your cap marks and other than maybe giving him some yellowed teeth and putting the other hand on the bat, i can't think of anything i'd do to change the primary mark...this is really nice and very creative - great work!

jldesigns404eo.png

Archived