Vancouver Ham Fighters

Lee.

So, given my limited artistic skills, plus the fact that I didn't want to do anything too dynamic (the best baseball logos are NOT dynamic, nor are the nicknames furious animals, thanks), I went old-school, simple.

VHF-1.png

I used the obvious blue and green for the Pacific Northwest (or Southwest, seeing as how I'm Canadian), and a nice little beige for the piggie in the middle. The beige will also likely double as the road grays, which wouldn't really make them beige gray anymore.

The obligatory C&C is welcome, and might even be incorporated (remember, I suck at this, and at my age steadfastly refuse anymore to ask for help) if it's not too difficult.

edit: Fixed!

Welcome to DrunjFlix

The tail on the pig looks like the handle on a moonshine jug. I would trying making it so the bottom doesn't butt up against the pig (pun fully intended). Otherwise, good work. I particularly like the VHF font -- it looks like something from an 18th Century printing press -- a copy of "Common Sense" by Thomas Paine, perhaps).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

totally dig the idea, there are a couple things i would have done differently. rather than just tell you, i'll show you:

VHF_Revved.jpg

the font i used is Meta Bold. it's still a sans serif, just with more personality.

hope i didn't step on your toes here.

I like this a lot. Good pig, good "VHF" initials. Critiques:

1. Color. The pink pig just doesn't go with the green and blue you've chosen. Need to work on color choice, either changing the shades of green or blue or giving the pig a more saturated hue.

2. Line thickness. The "HF" part of "VHF" is distractingly thin; it looks like you started with letters the same size as the V and scaled them down. You need to maintain a more even line thickness for all the initials. Plus the thin "HF" looks like an old-fashioned TV antenna, and since the purpose of having one of those antennas was to receive VHF channels, and that all has nothing to do with ham fighting, your "HF" needs some thickness.

3. This looks like a thoroughly awesome soccer logo. Baseball? I'm not feeling it. How about putting stitches on the pig where a butcher's chart would divide the cuts? Too morbid, perhaps? I don't know what, then, but this needs something that says "baseball team" more clearly. But not putting a baseball behind the pig in the center.

4. No period after EST. There are some places where you don't have to use periods to indicate obvious abbreviations; a logo is one of them. If you switch to lower-case "Est", then use the period.

5. The tail is my favorite part of the pig. Don't change it!

20082614447.png

Archived