New logo for MSNBC.com

DrBear

They need to separate the "ms" from the "bc". By keeping "msnbc" the same colour throughout it looks like, as capn89 said, like someone randomly hit letters on their keyboard.

They should take this opportunity to bring back the old "Proud N", but updated with the current peacock.

logomsnbcnp5.gif

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

They need to separate the "ms" from the "bc". By keeping "msnbc" the same colour throughout it looks like, as capn89 said, like someone randomly hit letters on their keyboard.

They should take this opportunity to bring back the old "Proud N", but updated with the current peacock.

logomsnbcnp5.gif

Nbcetv.PNG

I always find this funny:

In 1976, NBC's visual trademark was updated, as a stylized 'N' was introduced, consisting of two trapezoids. The design was bold, bright and contemporary. One of the technological innovations of this logo was the first electronically animated ident for an American television network. In February 1976, NBC was sued by the Nebraska ETV Network, Nebraska's chain of PBS affiliates, for trademark infringement, since the new NBC logo was virtually identical to the Nebraska ETV logo, except in the coloring. An out-of-court settlement was reached in which NBC gave ETV new equipment and a mobile color unit (valued at over $800,000) in exchange for allowing NBC to retain their logo. In addition, NBC paid $55,000 to ETV to cover the cost of designing and implementing a new logo. Newfoundlanders can also tell the story of NBC's successful attack on the similar logo of the Newfoundland Broadcasting Company and its subsequent capitulation.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

logomsnbcnp5.gif

100x better then what they went with.

Archived