NBA Draft Lottery

Shroinke

The NBA announced the NBA Draft tiebreakers on Friday, which also determine lottery chance order.

http://www.nba.com/news/ties_broken_draft_070420.html

TEAM RECORD LOTTERY CHANCES (out of 1,000)

Memphis 22-60 250

Boston 24-58 199

Milwaukee 28-54 156

Atlanta(1) 30-52 119

Seattle 31-51 88

Portland 32-50 53

Minnesota 32-50 53

Charlotte 33-49 19

New York(2) 33-49 19

Sacramento 33-49 18

Indiana(3) 35-47 8

Philadelphia 35-47 7

New Orleans 39-43 6

LA Clippers 40-42 5

(1) Pick goes to Phoenix if pick is #4 or worse

(2) Chicago can swap first round picks with New York

(3) Pick goes to Atlanta if pick is #11 or worse

Tiebreakers go opposite of draft order for the second round (the team that picked higher in round 1 picks later in round 2, or among 3 teams, each tied team moves up one, except the highest who moves to the last spot).

The NBA Draft Lottery is May 22, and the Draft is June 28.

Oh if the Knicks win the draft lottery and Greg Oden goes to Chicago, I will be laughing at Isiah and Dolan forever as the Knicks miss the playoffs for 10 straight years and the Bulls dominate.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Knicks can still win the first or second pick, right? I really hope that they do. And I can only bet that if the Bulls walk away with Greg Oden or Kevin Durant, Isaiah Thomas gets a contract extension. I love New York Knicks basketball.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well Isiah was talking to Matt Millen how to keep a job despite being utterly incompetent they are going to write the book one day too. Turns out the secret is find a nasty little secret and use it as black mail, and wallah contract extension.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Knicks can still win the first or second pick, right? I really hope that they do. And I can only bet that if the Bulls walk away with Greg Oden or Kevin Durant, Isaiah Thomas gets a contract extension. I love New York Knicks basketball.

Only the 14 teams who missed the playoffs are elligible for the NBA lottery.

Each of the top 3 picks is chosen by lottery. If a team that's already won one is drawn, a re-draw is done.

After the top 3 picks are decided, the 4-14 picks are assigned to the remaining non-playoff teams based on W-L record (worst to best, with ties determined by the tiebreakers).

The lowest each team can fall is 3 spots from their projected spot.

(For example, Portland finished with the NBA's worst record last year, but didn't win any of the top 3 picks in the lottery, so they ended up picking 4th. Let that be a lesson to the Grizz and Celtics.)

The 15-30 picks are then assigned by the same way to the playoff teams.

My understanding is, whoever wins the lottery can only move up 4-5 slots, and teams can only drop one spot.

So if Chicago/NY win, the highest they can pick is 4th-5th.

I'm not 100% sure of this, though.

No, any team in the lottery (non-playoff teams) can win any of the top 3 draft picks.

Well Isiah was talking to Matt Millen how to keep a job despite being utterly incompetent they are going to write the book one day too. Turns out the secret is find a nasty little secret and use it as black mail, and wallah contract extension.

Voila!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Basically, the Hawks have to win the lottery to keep their own pick.

Not sure if the Hawks will get two first-round picks, though. Flame will have to chime in.....

Basically, if the Hawks get #3 or below, and the Pacers get #10 or below, then the Hawks will have 2 #1 picks.

But, if none of that happens, the Hawks could just as well be left with NO 1st round picks this year. This is probably gonna bite the Hawks right in their backside, knowing their lottery night history.

Archived