Bug selig is an idiot most of the time, but....

habsfannova

Didn't he pull the ultimate screw job on Pete Rose? He LET ROSE HANG HIMSELF! He didn't have to get a controversial decision made, he just waited on it and watched Rose aim a shotgun to his Keds. He didn't have to reinstate him to get the fans back.

Now, THAT was brilliant.

I said that since the beginning, all the pressure was to let Pete in. So he tells Rose that he would have admit to betting to be back in. So Rose does, and after he does people start to look at the facts and ask how he could be let back into the game. Plus with Rose's bad timing it shows that he only cares for himself. So Pete admits to betting, then there is outcry against him, and Selig gets what he wants Rose out of the game, with Selig being the good guy.

I am one of those people who wanted him in.. and... now have changed my mind after seeing Pete for what he really is. Bud ain't dumb, despite what some people think. He's a good commish...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Thats not a wise this decision its being gutless. Selig has to let him back in he told him to confess he did, what od people want Pete Rose to balw his eyes out. I bet if cried the whole perception would be entirely different This is sick he confessed and that's what people wanted. Its time he gets reinstated.

He never bet against the Reds he never bet when he was a palyer, and I belive him when he siad he didnt manage any different, becuase Rose wanted to win everytime out.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Rose confessed, but you can tell he still lying. He isin't sincere, and not only that, but he relased his book (which he will profit from) the week they announced the newest Hall of Fame inductees. I think this backlash will force Seligs hand, and keep Rose out of the Hall, because Rose does not belong in the Hall...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

He's in. No questions.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I have said on a couple of threads now and it remains my opinion. On purely playing terms Rose deserves a place in the Hall. To keep him out is just stupid. By all means mention his gambling and ban him from being involved in Baseball, but to keep him out of the Hall devalues the Hall as much as anything else. Players with fewer accomplishments are in the hall. It is not a complete historical account of the game if it doesn't include the all time hits leader.

Its like Rose can't win whatever he does in some peoples eyes. Give the guy a break and a place in the Hall, nothing else.

And why shouldn't he write a book. Is he not allowed to put his side of the story. If he has written the book, why shouldn't he get paid for it. Its not like he murdered anyone or completely ruined the game.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Does it matter he wrote a book and is making money of it? YES!  BEcause that shows that the only reason he is actually admitting it is to make money.  He never apologized for his actions.

Should he be in the hall?  Hell yes.  As Pete Gammons said, you can't take his undergrad degree for cheating in graduate school.  He is of course deserving.

I'm just saying, he blew his foot off with this.  If he had just admitted it frankly, without the coming cash flow of the book, most would believe him. But, the whole point of the post is, he alienated everyone.  The Veterans Committee would not vote him in now, because he totally disgraced the hall with his timing.  

What's next?  Is he gonna admit to betting against his own team, if of course you buy his new book, "Getting Away With Murder" for $29.99?

I guess we are becoming a society that hates capitilism.

Rose true confession came 14-months ago in Bud Selig's office. Selig likely told him to confess publically and a book is his way of doing it publically.

The office confession is where the debate ends.

As for him not seeming remorceful is he didnt cry it seems now a days you cry you are forgiven. A jury almost let the Menedez Borthers get away with cold blodded murder for crying, they needed a second trial; because soem women on the first jury refused to convict.

I bet if Saddam went out and cried and said he was sorry there would be a movement to give his country back, no matter how fake it seeems all you have to do is cry now.

Pete Rose was factually and honset and forthcomming, tahts good enough for me.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

So are you saying Rose shouldn't have written the book, or that he shouldn't have profitted from the book. Firstly, I doubt Rose is as wealthy as a guy who has his list of achievements should be. People have made drug confessions and that sort of thing in autobiographies, and profitted from them. Sure he could have given the profits to charity, but I don't feel that I am in a position to say that he should have done so. Secondly, the guys reputation is tarnished anyway. Whatever happens to him now. This debate isn't going away, whatever Selig or anyone else thinks, people will always be prepared to say that Rose should be in the Hall. The only way to stop it is to let him in. Sure a few people will moan about it for a couple of years but that will die down.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I think this has more to do with a publishers decision than Rose's.  Because Rose isn't in the hall makes this the perfect time for the publisher to release the book.  As for Rose profitting from it, who cares?  It's his story, and the only reason he would have to tell it is by profitting.  It's not like he murdered anyone.  He's just a low-life cheater.  I think the ban from involvement in baseball should be maintained, but he should be inducted into the hall.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

Selig is not heping matter to not address it all is completly gutless.

He is hoping it just goes away, when its all up to him.

He needs to decide one way or the other, or this will keep coming up and continue to create controversy and make baseball look liek it is without leadership, (event though we all know since Selig has been in charge it has been without leadership)

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

The most recent developments with this issue did not affect my stand at all.  I still feel that they should remove the rule that states that banned players can't be on the Hall of Fame ballot.  This change would also allow Shoeless Joe to be elected to the Hall of Fame.

Archived