Oh, dear GOD...now he's OUR problem?!

tBBP

The Bucs are doing a bang up job of sucking this offseason. And I love it.

Yeah because the Falcons ahve done such an amazing job themselves. :rolleyes: Its been a DOG of an offseason for yous guys :P

just think how the dawg pound in cleveland feels. :D

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Yeah because the Falcons ahve done such an amazing job themselves. :rolleyes: Its been a DOG of an offseason for yous guys :P

I present this without comment for fear of jinxing my own team. :D

"ATLANTA (AP) -- Rod Coleman underwent surgery Monday to repair a ruptured right quadriceps that could keep the Atlanta Falcons' standout defensive tackle sidelined into September.

Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts confirmed that Coleman was injured in a boating accident recently."

DOH!

Full Story

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

So what's up with Alex Smith then?

Not sure, this is why this FA move confuses the hell out of me. Maybe Gruden will have some double-TE plays, who knows.

Maybe we should all run Gruden outta Tampa. How 'bout THAT?!

I mean, sure, for the rah-rah guy he is, I mean, look what he's doing: the dude LOVES QB's. And TE's, for that matter. That I can count, we have Simms, Garcia, Plummer (if he really ain't retired, but I wouldn't care either way), Bruce Gradkowski, Bruce EUGENE (for those who've never heard that name before, he's basically a black Jared Lorenzen...played his college ball at Grambling), Luke McCown's still there, and oh by the way, Tim Rattay is still hanging around. He loves veterans. And then people wonder how Tampa went from one of the league's youngest team during Dungy's tenure to one of the OLDEST (at one point THE oldest). I love my man Monte Kiffin, but dude ain't gettin' no younger, either. (And can someone tell me WHY THIS GUY ISN'T A HEAD COACH YET...maybe of, oh, I don't know...US??)

I mean, Tampa's got quite a coaching tree in the NFL, all up under Dungy (who may end up the modern-era Bill Walsh if this continues): Herman Edwards, former Bucs DB coach, now head coach of the Chiefs; the guy who replaced him, Mike Tomlin (yeah, I know you've heard THAT name) went from DB coach to Vikings D-coordinator (oddly enough, the same post Dungy had before taking over the Bucs in '96) to now head coach of the Steelers (and you betta BELIEVE that caused a good stir up here in Ynzerville :P ); Lovie Smith, former Bucs LB coach, now Bears head coach; Rod Marinelli, former D-line coach, now helming the Lions.

Notice NOT ONE OF THESE GUYS CAME FROM THE OFFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL. So for Gruden to be the offensive whiz he is, if he was, #1, we'd have some success (well, with maybe some better offensive weaponry, too), and #2, some of the offensive coaches might start getting looks (because that is, after all, what happens when a team gets on top...every other team starts plucking its assistants--I mean, after all, that's how GRUDEN got his shot with the Raiders, was it not?)

The way things are going, I really don't think it'll be long before Gruden might be be shown the door. And if, after last season, his chair don't feel just a little, um, "steamy", then Mr. Allen can walk out of that door with him–or rather, in front of him, in my humble opinion.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I present this without comment for fear of jinxing my own team. :D

"ATLANTA (AP) -- Rod Coleman underwent surgery Monday to repair a ruptured right quadriceps that could keep the Atlanta Falcons' standout defensive tackle sidelined into September.

Falcons spokesman Reggie Roberts confirmed that Coleman was injured in a boating accident recently."

DOH!

Full Story

Oh noes!

Well, at least he'll hopefully be back around time for the season to really get going. But here I was thinking that we'd actually have a decent, healthy D-Line this year. Doggone it.

The Bucs are still having a go of it, signin pretty much everybody who wants to come to Tampa, willing they love to play TE or QB.

Archived