Buffalo tops NHL Sales List

Fred T. Jane

Ok the jersey itself, it has grown on me, so i like it now. The can put the orginal sabres logo on the jersey and i would like.

BUT........

THAT DAMN SLUG HAS GOT TO GO.

I agree, they even have a navy blue and yellow classic logo on the back of their helmets. I've noticed it last time I watched a sabres game. Unfortunately, I don't have a pic. But ladies and gentleman, the tradition is not completely dead in regards to their current jerseys.

They should clean up that logo a bit, and replace the banana slug with that.

capt.7b3a21d2ea4343e89b1dba2b1fbd9e2a.senators_sabres_hockey_fng108.jpg

You can sort of see it here

saBS.png

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think they'll pull a New York Islanders and keep this current colors and jersey style but revert back to the old logo with slight modifications....or atleast thats what I think they should do anyway.

I still think they'll pull a New York Islanders and keep this current colors and jersey style but revert back to the old logo with slight modifications....or atleast thats what I think they should do anyway.

That works for me.

Here's my idea, it would make for a nice compromise with the fans of the current Sabres' look.

They keep the current sweater design, but replace the Buffaslug with the classic crossed sabres/buffalo logo, ditch the "B/sabre" alternate, move the Buffaslug to the shoulders, and lose the numbers in front.

With a look like that they will have successfully blended old with new, eliminating the need for the current vintage alternate.

This is big news because they're going to knock the Wings off the top spot. A few teams have changed their uniforms/logos since Detroit's been the No. 1 seller (including contenders), but none of them could accomplish what it looks like Buffalo will.

Archived