Logo Plagiarism?

I'm reading Bevnet.com, a beverage website, and I see the feature product is a new energy drink called Halftime. As I looked at the logo, I couldn't help notice that I've seen the logo elsewhere before. It turns out, it looks alot like the logo of the New York/New Jersey Hitmen, one of the teams in the defunct XFL. See for yourself. Halftime to the left, Hitmen to the right.

20075181229510.halftime.clr.jpghitmen.gif

Say I'm Vince McMahon. I see the Halftime logo and notice the similarities. Would I have a case?

metswmz4.jpg

NewcastleUnited.png

I'm reading Bevnet.com, a beverage website, and I see the feature product is a new energy drink called Halftime. As I looked at the logo, I couldn't help notice that I've seen the logo elsewhere before. It turns out, it looks alot like the logo of the New York/New Jersey Hitmen, one of the teams in the defunct XFL. See for yourself. Halftime to the left, Hitmen to the right.

20075181229510.halftime.clr.jpghitmen.gif

Say I'm Vince McMahon. I see the Halftime logo and notice the similarities. Would I have a case?

Does that mean the graphic artist who originally did the titles for Batman & Robin should get a cut too? After all, the energy drink is using a font face based on those titles.

Archived