Portland Lumberjacks Identity Package

BroadwayBlueshirt

Based off of something in the game Baseball Mogul, where I moved my Devil Rays franchise to Portland because of the lousy fanbase. The color scheme is pretty simple, a combination of the Rays' current green and the deep red and sandy brown of the PCL's Portland Beavers, who an MLB club would be replacing in real life. Wanted to keep green as the primary color, partly because it looks rad and partly because the only other team utilizing it is Oakland. Along the same lines, I tried to stay out of the Red Scare that's sweeping MLB by keeping it as an accent only. The logos (aside from the cursive P, which would be a homage to the Beavers, if this was real) kind of suck because I'm terrible at drawing, but you get the drift of 'em.

portlandlumberjacksconcdl0.png

Looking forward to C+C.

(The players featured, by the way, are my superstars in the game. They all sucked in real life. It's the magic of starting a Mogul franchise back in seasons past).

msg-117798227822.jpg

First off, I want to say that if a team did move to Portland, I think they'd follow the lead of the other PCL cities that got expansion teams (LA and San Diego) and just import the Beavers name to the big leagues.

Anyway, I like the uniforms (nice color choices, BTW), but I'm not feelin' the "P-axe" at all. Especially when the script P more than does the job (and has the tradition behind it at that). I'd just as soon get rid of the P in your logo and make the ax more detailed.

This is an interesting concept. The jerseys and wordmark are crisp and clean, but the logos look very MS Paint shape tools to me. With a bit better definition on the logos, you'd have a solid concept on your hands.

Bravo, but given the PCness of the world today, the blood stained ax might not go over so well.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, but have you not seen a lumberjack's axe before? All of them have red on the front of the blade. Again I'm not trying to be a smart ass, just trying to prove a point.

Anyway, I like the concept, I like how you said you moved the Devil Rays franchise and yet still kept the green they had. I don't think the axe should be part of the logo unless it was just used as its own alternate logo. I really like the fonts especially the numbers.

Archived