Buying New Era caps online

nateoxford

Specifically, I'm looking at:

www.mickeysplace.com

www.distantreplays.com

and the New Era website itself,

www.neweracap.com.

I've heard plenty of horror stories of people buying caps online. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with these specific websites and whether the quality consistency is good enough to be worth a try.

thanks!

From my experience, the size depends on whether the cap is an official team cap or one of the fashion caps. For the most part, the team caps fit true to size, but the fashion caps tends to fit a little bit bigger.

The quality control issues are entirely New Era's. The various sites have nothing to do with it. You have as much chance of getting one with an off-centered logo from Mickey's Place as you do from Lids as you do from New Era itself.

That having been said, my admittedly limited experience so far indicates that they've improved somewhat with the new caps. Keep your fingers crossed....

Specifically, I'm looking at:

www.mickeysplace.com

www.distantreplays.com

and the New Era website itself,

www.neweracap.com.

I've heard plenty of horror stories of people buying caps online. I'm wondering if anyone has had experience with these specific websites and whether the quality consistency is good enough to be worth a try.

thanks!

I have ordered from both www.mickeysplace.com & www.distantreplays.com and have had issues with sizing but it has been a New Era issue. Both stores have good return policies but at Distant Replays, if you purchase a hat during one of their sales it is non-returnable/exchangable.

New Era's the problem, as others have said.

I bought two caps from Mickey's Place, both 7 3/8, at the same time. One fits perfectly, the other's bigger, and the difference is noticeable when I wear them (but not so bad I can't wear it, nor that it hasn't shrunk a little with diligent efforts). If you want to be sure of what you're getting, don't buy online. It's as simple as that.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived