NHL to Hamilton

sideshowbob

Hello everybody,

This is my first concept in a while, and I decided with all the talk on these boards to redesign the Hamilton Tigers. Personally, I hope the Preds stay where they are, in Nashville, but you never know.

Anyway, if the preds do relocate, I believe they will follow the trend of almost all sports franchises, change the name and logos! When teams move, ehy do they do it? To start over fresh. You can't start fresh with the same name and logos, I also think the nashville fans would be pretty pissed if they moved to Hamilton and kept the name.

Hamilton already had and lost an NHL franchise, the tigers, so I decided that if the preds leave, they should honor hamilton's roots and go with the tigers name. For the logos, i went with an update of the two tiger logos because I read the thread on here about how someone thought it was a bad idea to use a recolored predators logo and i agreed. I kept the two simple because the originals were simple, but i added an aggressive look which the originals lacked. As always, C&C.

hamilton-tigers--water-mark.png

ad-sig-2.png

New and Improved Adrenaline Online:

http://adrenalinedesignstudio.synthasite.com/

I dig your updated look of the Tigers logo. Not easy to update a poorly hand drawn logo from the early 1900's into our modern world.

Just a thought though, about using the Predators logo for Hamilton. Say they keep the logo, but indeed change the name to 'Tigers'. How could you make the sabretooth tiger symbol into a striped-tiger look? I'm just trying to imagine it in my head. Anyone have any concepts on this?

His left eye looks like a duck

It does look like a duck :D

I agree taking a vintage logo & updating it can be tough, but I think you pulled it off. The secondary one kinda reminds me of the old bruins logo of the bear walking. Nice job.

Nice execution, good update of the old Tigers logos. However, since Ballisle or whatever his name is has had his offer declined, we won't be seeing a team in Hamilton for a while longer it seems. What other teams are struggling financially that he could buy?!

The presumably shoulder logo is perhaps a bit too "cute." Its a neat concept, though I think any renaming of a team moved to Hamilton would probably avoid a tiger theme, to differentiate themselves from the CFL Tiger Cats.

I also see the duck in the eye/nose line.

Archived