New pc game: mvp baseball 2004

Le Suisse

I'm thrilled with the coming of that new version of the MVP Baseball PC game.

I saw pics (in the official website) where there are old ballparks like Ebbets Field, Polo Grounds, Crosley Field, ect...

Does anyone know if that new version will bring the old players? Those ones like Babe Ruth, Ted Williams, Bob Feller...

Astrodome (old home of the Houston Astros)

astrodome.jpg

Crosley Field (old home of the Cincy Reds)

crosleyfield.jpg

Forbes Field (old home of the Pittsburgh Pirates)

forbesfield.jpg

Griffith Stadium (old home of the Washington Senators)

griffithstadium.jpg

Shibe Park (old home of the Philadelphia A's)

shibepark.jpg

Sportsman Park (old home of the St. Louis Cards and Browns)

sportsmanspark.jpg

I prefer PC for sports games--unfortunately most are not simple to modify--if it can be done--let me know how!

(Madden has limitations--but is fairly simple-FIFA has many good points that way too--not too much has easier mods that I've found.  I can't get EA NHL's jersey editor to work for me.)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

You are rite. I have the MVP Baseball 2003, it is very good to play, specially in the pitcher's aspect. But the editor is awful.

I'd like a MVP Baseball more flexible, that can us edit easily and quickly entire rosters of old stars or historical teams (like the '27 Yanks or the '54 Giants) so we can interchange between us the rosters.

I'll be very pleased if I can play a old league of 8 teams and reach to the World Series by win the pennant without further playoffs. Like the old baseball era before the 1969 playoffs.

Well... it's not to bad to try playing the current Red Sox with Pedro Martínez against the Twins in the Griffith Stadium or playing Barry Bonds in the old home of his team: Polo Grounds.

It is too nice if we can play in those ballparks with the old players.

Let's imagine, having Babe Ruth to bat against Walter Johnson. :)

All that remembers me an old game called Hardball 5. It had old ballparks and the old stars.

here might be the answer to that question.....i present rollie fingers.

rolliefingers_ps.jpg

and the best stadium of them all (in my heart)...

tigerstadium.jpg

tiger stadium

Yeah Joe Fiasco... May God hear you. ;)

I'm thinking that in March I will be local in the Polo Grounds to play the Mays' Giants. I will try again that Thomson's HR, he he he...

Yhollander, it'll be nice to play in the Ole Sportsman Park after long years... I'm not talking about the real life (Sportsman Park was demolished in the '50 or '60 years), I'm talking about the last time I played Hardball 5 where there was a Sportsman Park. Easily I'm talking about the year of 1994. TEN YEARS without any game with old leagues!!!

0.com, you are rite. Months ago I used to navigate www.mvpbaseball.com to download uniforms and stadiums... the guys there made alots of them. Now that domain died like thesle.com :P

External editors aren't that bad if you get a good tutorial that teaches you the basics of how to use them. That and a good template.

Good to hear that MVP 2003 was reasonably editable... bodes well for my purchase of this new one!

Bless EA Sports' heart... still making PC sports games. Don't know why noone else does, because as long as you have a decent computer with some game controllers, it's as good if not better than on a console.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I'm registered at ign.com for their video game news, and I also maintain a page of the video games I own or want...

anyway, since I'm "watching" MVP Baseball 2004, it sends me any news regarding it...

Today I get these (quite encouraging) articles:

MVP Baseball 2004 - EA Canada's baseball franchise digs in for another season.

MVP Baseball 2004: Welcome to the Minors - Info, screens, and movies of the game's minor league system.

I can't wait...

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Yhollander, it'll be nice to play in the Ole Sportsman Park after long years... I'm not talking about the real life (Sportsman Park was demolished in the '50 or '60 years), I'm talking about the last time I played Hardball 5 where there was a Sportsman Park. Easily I'm talking about the year of 1994. TEN YEARS without any game with old leagues!!!

To be exact, 1966.  The site is now the home of a ballfield, but it's part of the Herbert Hoover Boys' Club complex.

Some other interesting tidbits...

A good view of the (Jacksonville?) Suns... I remember this logo coming out to very apathetic reviews.

Check out the MVP Baseball media page... See the video clips on the right side? I caught a glimpse of the Montgomery Biscuits in the first video. Laughed pretty hard at that one...

And New Britain Rock Cats!?! I'm gonna buy this!

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Archived