Your Ultimate Eleven

youcan'tseeme

I noticed a lot of people have left Pele off their lists.

Now, I'll be the first to admit I'm no soccer/football expert, but I consider myself a somewhat informed North American, and I was always under the impression Pele was the G.O.A.T. when it came to soccer. (Well, him in 75% of the world, maybe Beckenbauer to the other 25%.)

Am I wrong? If so, who wouldn't want a Gretzky or Jordan on their team? Was he not a team player, has the game passed his style by, or was he just an overrated player who showed up for some big (i.e. World Cup) matches, had a good run with the Cosmos yet, but otherwise was only average by superstar standards?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I don't know anything about formations and whatnot, but I generally tune into the MLS every week and follow World Cups, so here's my eleven, in a 4-4-2:

GK: Buffon

D: Nesta, Ayala, Zambrotta, Roberto Carlos

M: Gerrard, Pirlo, Riquelme, Ronaldinho

S: Del Piero, Crespo

Bench: Cech, Cannavaro, Beckham, Totti

I suppose it's easy to tell that I follow Italy in the World Cup.

I don't know anything about formations and whatnot, but I generally tune into the MLS every week and follow World Cups, so here's my eleven, in a 4-4-2:

GK: Buffon

D: Nesta, Ayala, Zambrotta, Roberto Carlos

M: Gerrard, Pirlo, Riquelme, Ronaldinho

S: Del Piero, Crespo

Bench: Cech, Cannavaro, Beckham, Totti

I suppose it's easy to tell that I follow Italy in the World Cup.

Just a little! :rolleyes:

But there's nothing wrong with that.

untitled-6.jpg

Juninho, Pirlo from Milan, Nakamura, Ronaldinho when he wants to....all great dead-ball strikers.

and apparently earlier this summer Shunsuke was practicing by knocking free kicks over some of the Japanese rugby team players! eek!

Oh Nakamura, Celtic got something with this guy... better than that other Japanese flop, Hidetoshi Nakata

Henry is also good at free kicks...... when the goalkeeper isn't paying attention.

Archived