Mets vs Natonals in the Rain

NJTank

its funny, Nationals Park looks alot more done but doesnt have a name yet. i guess the Lerners are just waiting for the right naming rights offer, honestly i'd like them to name it after someone prominent in District Baseball.

Anthony Williams Field. With a bowtie logo -- it's be terrific.

Or Marion Barry Field, with a crackpipe logo. :D

To be honest, I'd prefer Walter Johnson Stadium. I really don't think that other than Clark Griffith (who already had a stadium named after him), there's a bigger person in Washington Baseball.

Citi Field already looks a lot better than that dump they call "Shea".....
Give Shea a break. I'm sure Turner Field would start looking worn down if people actually went there.

What does attendance have to do with how a stadium looks?

The joke apparantly flew way over your head on that one...

If you buy a brand new Bentley and never, ever drive it, it would be in better condition than if you drove it every day from use. Kind of like that, only with stadia...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Be fair. I'm sure the Mets have had some lean years at the gate.

They most certainly have....its called a joke though...

But since you asked: Some non-strike year samples:

1996 - 1.58 mill

1997 - 1.76 mill

1992 - 1.79 mill

1993 - 1.87 mill

1979 - 788,905 (And yes--that is their all-time non-strike shortened or even Polo Grounds included low)

Hell, from 1973-1984 the high was 1.92--in 1973--a year they went to the WS...

its funny, Nationals Park looks alot more done but doesnt have a name yet. i guess the Lerners are just waiting for the right naming rights offer, honestly i'd like them to name it after someone prominent in District Baseball.

Anthony Williams Field. With a bowtie logo -- it's be terrific.

Or Marion Barry Field, with a crackpipe logo. :D

To be honest, I'd prefer Walter Johnson Stadium. I really don't think that other than Clark Griffith (who already had a stadium named after him), there's a bigger person in Washington Baseball.

Walter Johnson was the exact person i was thinking of. no better player in DC Baseball history.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

You'd think they'd try to build it anywhere but where Shea is now.

It's a great location logistics-wise. Right near highways, the subway, and the LIRR. Oh, and theres going to be millions in infrastructure improvements to boot...

Not only that, but all those chop-shops are going to be taken via eminent domain and turned into restaurants and offices and whatnot.

It's not going to be your father's Flushing Meadows Corona Park (I would've said Grandfathers, but I mean, that would be going back too far...)

Archived