My First Concept try

NHL1016

Tell me what you think and I was on the fence of a collar so tell me what would look better blue or red

c&C would be appreciated so I can better myself

Picture2-3copy.png

It's too plain right now. I'd go with thicker, three-color striping on both the sleeves and the bottom. Also sleeve numbers are needed. Go for a blue collar.

Similar to what swilson said, you need to develop a consistent striping pattern. The sock only has 1 blue stripe, why? The sleeves don't match the striping on the bottom of the jersey either. Make them consistent with each other. The logo is too large and low on the sweater. I like the idea you've got going, you have to execute better. Take your time and don't rush things, otherwise you're going to get torn apart on this board, just ask patsox!

It's getting better. At least the striping is consistent now, somewhat, the bottom still doesn't match. It looks like you tried to do a gold stripe, but it's so tiny that it's barely visible. Try shifting the stripes up higher on the sleeve so they're around where the elbow would be, not down at the cuffs where they'll be lost in the gloves. Add some gold to the collar, and add a shoulder patch to the other side to balance it out. Keep on trying, that's the only way you'll improve as a designer.

PS: Don't bother bumping concepts back to the top, if people deem it worthy of response they will respond, otherwise it will get shuffled to the bottom like the rest of them. Don't take offense to it, it's just the way things work around here.

It's moving in the right direction, but you've got some work left ahead of you.

Normally, I am an adherent of the "less is more" principal, but there is just too much empty white space here. The sleeves need something - a patch, a stripe - just to infuse a little bit of life into this. As of now, you have a large crest, and stripes at the waistline and wrists. And that's it.

Also, I still can't tell which color you think predominates the Oilers' look. If you went by the collar, I'd say blue (which is probably right, since your oilman logo is mostly blue, as are the breezers). But I see more red-orange on the striping, and I see mostly copper on the sock accents. So which is it? A little continuity would make this look less random and more organized.

Finally... hockey uniforms have patches on both shoulders unless the patch is worn on the chest as a memorial for a person or an important anniversary. A hockey sweater with a patch on only one shoulder looks like a hockey sweater trying to impersonate a baseball jersey. ^_^

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived