St. louis blues concept

vicfurth

I'm sticking with guitar--when I think blues I think guitar--as in BB King, Albert King, Buddy Guy, Robert Johnson, Luther Allison, T-Bone Walker, Johny Winter, Blind Willie Johnson, Rev Gary Davis, etc, etc

how could you forget Huddie "Leadbelly" Ledbetter.

irene.gif

I know--I left a lot of guys off that list--I was just typing a few to give the idea--otherwise I'd be sitting here all day typing blues guitarist's names.

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

this is why the only blues concept i've ever done is a crossover. there is a huge possibility to fudge the whole thing up, and so admittedly, i can't and won't ever do one myself til it's to my liking. gotta put on my simon mask and just say this is the worst blues concept i have ever seen...til the next bad blues one that will inevitably come up...and i'm not even a blues fan

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

These hurt my eyes.  I can't think of a single thing I like about these.

The royal blue, which the Blues have used since their inception, is gone in these, replaced by the baby blue.  The yellow-gold is gone, replaced by a vegas gold.  The navy becomes the primary colour.  None of this is good.

A white bluenote looks just wrong.  The alternate logo isn't much of a logo at all--it's just a guitar on a circle.  (STL's right about their old trumpet alternate, that was a great logo.  I wish I hadn't lost my cap that had that on it.)  The sleeve numbers are up on the shoulders instead of on the sleeves.  I'm having a hard time figuring out what the striping pattern is supposed to look like when it gets to the shoulder yoke.

I'm sorry, man, I'm trying to find something I can comment on positively on these, but I'm failing.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived