Rockets New Court Design

Dmore55

The good: Losing all the red paint from the baselines and keys. I like the "less paint the better" approach; it looks simple and classy.

The bad: Another two-toned wood court? That looks is getting really played out.

It's does looks good but they're going to overkill the 2 toned court just like the throwback jersey.

SIDE NOTE...

I was hoping that the Lakers was going back to the purple-yellow court just like when they were at the Forum but I guess that it was just a rumor.

If this was a brand new "fresh" design idea, I would say it looks nice. The (obvious) problem is that it's just another two-tone court design. When Phoenix and Seattle did it... I thought "Cool!". Now it is just a very boring look and lacks any unique design elements. I take it that the agreement with the NBA and "Dutch Boy" paints is no more?

The good: Losing all the red paint from the baselines and keys. I like the "less paint the better" approach; it looks simple and classy.

The bad: Another two-toned wood court? That looks is getting really played out.

It's does looks good but they're going to overkill the 2 toned court just like the throwback jersey.

SIDE NOTE...

I was hoping that the Lakers was going back to the purple-yellow court just like when they were at the Forum but I guess that it was just a rumor.

Im pretty sure the lakers and clippers are getting new floors this year. the all yellow forum court was awesome. id like to see that return. as for two toned courts go, i like them. the problem i have is that nobody is taking advantage of colored stains. you could get that clean wood look with the key and baselines stained in team colors

I'm trying to think of any new design by the NBA that I've liked in the last 10 years........nope blank.

Whoa whoa whoa....these are arguably the most succesful rebrands within the past 10 years:

-Dallas Mavericks

-Cleveland Cavaliers

-Memphis Grizzlies

-Atlanta Hawks

-Denver Nuggets

-Portland Trail Blazers

-San Antonio Spurs

-Phoenix Suns

Not so much:

-Indiana Pacers

-Detroit Pistons

-Charlotte Bobcats

-Seattle Sonics

-Houston Rockets

I have to say I was most disappointed with the Rockets, because of the fact that all it does is tie itself in with Toyota.

Anybody remember my concept for the Rockets?:

Complete-HoustonRockets.gif

I'm trying to think of any new design by the NBA that I've liked in the last 10 years........nope blank.

Whoa whoa whoa....these are arguably the most successful rebrands within the past 10 years:

-Dallas Mavericks

-Cleveland Cavaliers

-Memphis Grizzlies

-Atlanta Hawks

-Denver Nuggets

-Portland Trail Blazers

-San Antonio Spurs

-Phoenix Suns

Not so much:

-Indiana Pacers

-Detroit Pistons

-Charlotte Bobcats

-Seattle Sonics

-Houston Rockets

I have to say I was most disappointed with the Rockets, because of the fact that all it does is tie itself in with Toyota.

Anybody remember my concept for the Rockets?:

Complete-HoustonRockets.gif

The new jersey design came before the Toyota bought the naming rights for the arena. Second of all, I would still prefer the current logo. I think of it as a successful rebrand.

TEXASFIGHT.gifAstros-Sig.gifUntitled-1.gifAeros.gif

Whoa whoa whoa....these are arguably the most succesful rebrands within the past 10 years:

-Dallas Mavericks

-Cleveland Cavaliers

-Memphis Grizzlies

-Atlanta Hawks

-Denver Nuggets

-Portland Trail Blazers

-San Antonio Spurs

-Phoenix Suns

Not so much:

-Indiana Pacers

-Detroit Pistons

-Charlotte Bobcats

-Seattle Sonics

-Houston Rockets

Mavericks could have been alot better. Detroit and Seattle are basically a modern version of older designs. Other than that, nope.

Archived