Tank Stumper 8/20/07

NJTank

On Sept. 30, 1971 before an announced crowd of 14,460 at RFK the Senators led the Yankees 7-5 in the top of the ninth. With one out fans began storming the field. After a short while order was restored and the next Yankee hitter, Bobby Murcer, grounded out. Before Horace "Hoss" Clarke could step in to the batter's box the fans stormed the field again. When order could not be restored the umpires declared the game a 9-0 forfeit for the Yankees. Hitting and fieldings stats counted, but there was no winning or losing pitcher.

"On Sept. 30, 1971 before an announced crowd of 14,460 at RFK the Senators led the Yankees 7-5 in the top of the ninth. With one out fans began storming the field. After a short while order was restored and the next Yankee hitter, Bobby Murcer, grounded out. Before Horace "Hoss" Clarke could step in to the batter's box the fans stormed the field again. When order could not be restored the umpires declared the game a 9-0 forfeit for the Yankees. Hitting and fieldings stats counted, but there was no winning or losing pitcher."

Fixed that for you. It needed quote marks. Or do all your posts look like you're writing for an encyclopedia? :D

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

"On Sept. 30, 1971 before an announced crowd of 14,460 at RFK the Senators led the Yankees 7-5 in the top of the ninth. With one out fans began storming the field. After a short while order was restored and the next Yankee hitter, Bobby Murcer, grounded out. Before Horace "Hoss" Clarke could step in to the batter's box the fans stormed the field again. When order could not be restored the umpires declared the game a 9-0 forfeit for the Yankees. Hitting and fieldings stats counted, but there was no winning or losing pitcher."

Fixed that for you. It needed quote marks. Or do all your posts look like you're writing for an encyclopedia? :D

Since you're a Browns fan I'll be easy on you. I happen to write sports for a small town newspaper. And I grew up in a time (1950s) when we had to use proper grammar. Some of the people who post on this board need a quick course in basic grammar.

Since you're a Browns fan I'll be easy on you. I happen to write sports for a small town newspaper. And I grew up in a time (1950s) when we had to use proper grammar. Some of the people who post on this board need a quick course in basic grammar.

Not only am I a Browns fan, I also used to live in your neck of the woods. I spent seven snow filled years in upstate NY. I lived in Syracuse, Liverpool, and Marcellus. My last job up there was at radio station in Auburn.

I happen to write for a small town paper myself. Please accept my apologies. I'm not used to seeing such a well written answer to Tank's stumper.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

On Sept. 30, 1971 before an announced crowd of 14,460 at RFK the Senators led the Yankees 7-5 in the top of the ninth. With one out fans began storming the field. After a short while order was restored and the next Yankee hitter, Bobby Murcer, grounded out. Before Horace "Hoss" Clarke could step in to the batter's box the fans stormed the field again. When order could not be restored the umpires declared the game a 9-0 forfeit for the Yankees. Hitting and fieldings stats counted, but there was no winning or losing pitcher.

Correct

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived