Iowa State Cyclones

DomTheAthlete29

GOOD: red pants; red facemasks; colored inserts at the armpits; the white helmets actually look pretty good in this set.

BAD: navy alternate; navy monochrome (trim colors should stay trim colors, my man); lack of design continuity as pertains to collars (red on the white, but red on the red and navy on the navy); lack of correlation between sleeve hems and collar (done on white jersey, not done on red or navy), piping for piping's sake at the sleeve hem (navy separating white from white or red from red); yellow's a little bright..

YECCH! #1: Iowa State sees fit to refer to itself as "STATE" as in the wordmark? They wouldn't be my 10th choice! Florida State, Michigan State, NC State, Ohio State, Oregon State, Oklahoma State... you get the idea. They're the most prominent I___ State; go that way or just go "IOWA STATE"

YECCH #2: three pairs of pants? Pro teams don't even do that. Who buys college football pants? NOBODY! So why would the school* go to the trouble of paying for 3 pairs of pants... to play 13 games... and not make a single penny from sales of those pants. It's not like an alternate jersey, which fans would wear and gladly shell out money for. We're talking about football pants.

YECCH #3: Maryland and Louisville are here to claim their design offspring. There's no reason for that much navy. You made the red/gold combos work really nicely with an acceptable minimum of navy trim. The armpit inserts are a subtle reminder of the wings of the Cy-Bird. Embellish these aspects that would make ISU look unique and classy instead of a clone of a more prominent program.

* Oregon is the exception, but as Nike's lab rats, they don't pay for their armoireful of fashion nightmares. :rolleyes:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

those alts are black i think

Even worse. Navy's been used as an accent color at ISU for some time now. Black is a sellout move to pay some marketing guru's salary. It also underscores my "lovechild of Maryland and Louisville" comment. :therock:

For the record, it comes up as navy on my screen.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I can deal with the black trim as long as it stays as trim (read: piping). And I while I'm generally against teams using colors other than their official ones, Iowa State's used navy long enough that it fits their identity much better than black.

And I also agree with what someone else said about referring to them as "state." Change it to "I-State." Other than that, you've got a pretty solid concept that just needs some tweaking.

EDIT: One last gripe... can you turn down the red a few notches? Although it might just be my computer.

Dunno why, but it reminds me a lot of the Arizona Cardinals jersey. Not a bad thing per se, just interesting.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived