Infrared's Who Am I? 9/28 edition.

infrared41

1. I was once voted MVP on only one ballot. All the others went to that season's winner.

2. I was responsible for breaking up 5 no-hitters in my career. I did it twice to the same team in the same season.

3. I hit for the cycle once.

4. I also struck out Reggie Jackson.

Bonus question: One of my many career accomplishments was ironic. How so?

BB52Big.jpg

Cesar Tovar?

As for as the ironic achievment, I'm not sure what you're going for, so I'll just throw out some random interesting facts about him:

He played in 164 games in 1967, more games than are in a season.

He and Rod Carew consecutively stole home.

Not only did he break up five no-hitters, he holds the record for most times collecting his team's only hit (5).

He was one of only two players to play every position, including pitcher and DH.

He played every position in one game.

Cesar Tovar?

As for as the ironic achievment, I'm not sure what you're going for, so I'll just throw out some random interesting facts about him:

He played in 164 games in 1967, more games than are in a season.

He and Rod Carew consecutively stole home.

Not only did he break up five no-hitters, he holds the record for most times collecting his team's only hit (5).

He was one of only two players to play every position, including pitcher and DH.

He played every position in one game.

Cesar Tovar is correct. Here's the ironic part. In the game that Tovar played all 9 positions he started the game as the pitcher. The first batter he faced was Bert Campaneris who was the first player to have played all 9 positions in a game. Tovar was the second player to do it. At the time they were the only players to have done it. It was also the game in in which Tovar struck out Reggie Jackson.

I imagine Rickey Henderson broke up a few hundred no-hitters :)

Yeah he sure did. I should have phrased it like Duderino did. Tovar got the only hit in a game 5 times. No hitters are broken up every day. :D

BB52Big.jpg

Archived