The great soccer stat search

Discrim

1) i'd been looking for some semblance of soccer stats besides goals and bookings, but for the world's most popular sport you'd think SOMEONE would have stats up the wazoo...i swear, i've found more LINEMAN stats...okay, so that's pushing it a bit, but you see what i mean.  

2) now to the weather...i'm hearing it's even been somewhat cold in florida :D and it sounds like i'm gonna be shoveling a little more this weekend :angry: .  So, are you buried in the white stuff or what?

3) they show Bulls games on WGN, but these days there isn't much reason to watch.  i will say this, though: six years of ploptiness and counting, and the Chicago Bulls still have the

GREATEST.

INTRO.

EVER.

now if they only had talent :;):

4) trends...for the most part, they're okay when they're not trends, and suck when they become such (i.e. throwbacks, tie-wearing girls, black jerseys).  Hell, I bought a throwback color Astros hat and I've never worn it in public (i hate the Stros and the thing is ugly to boot-orange/Oregon yellow/mustard.  only reason is cus it fits my ginormous head).  How bout some trends you like or hate?  

5) Crazylegs Hirsch passed away at 80.  for those not educated in the matter, one of the first great wideouts and probably the best of the 50s with the Rams.  Rest in peace, Crazylegs.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

A weather update from England!! 2 inches of snow (yep a measly 2 inches) and the country has ground to a halt. This has good and bad effects

bad

left work at 3.45 yesterday. The ten mile journey home took me until 10.45 in the evening!!!!

good

I get a snow day today!!!! No work yay!!!!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Oh and on the soccer stats thing, its never been a big deal in soccer. Maybe goals scored that kind of thing, but its not really ever been a big deal. There is however something called opta which do some stats for the Premier League in England, if I get a moment between packing and sorting out I will try and find a link for you.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Winnipeg: -53 Celsius this morning, with the wind chill.  I have no idea why I haven't moved to New Orleans yet.

Trends I hate: All of them, especially being expected to pay $325 Cdn for a throwback Nolan Ryan Astros Rainbow-orange jersey. That's just plain dumb.  I will, however, shell out $35 for the orange w/blue star 'Stros hat.  I'm dirty like that.

Worst Intro Ever: Any team named for an animal that insists on using "Welcome To The Jungle."  The best, I have yet to see (although it involves a butthole Surfers song...the Moose refuse to contact me about my ideas)

Minus :censored:ing Fifty-Three degrees.  But it's a DRY cold.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Girls wearing ties is a big no no for me, unless its real school uniform, when I have to insist on it. That Osbourne girl has a lot to answer for!!!!!!

I personally dont have any trends I really like, but if I see something I like I buy it and wear it. Whether its trendy or not.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

1. well i couldnt find a site that has more indept information then what your looking for, but this is a pretty nice site. It is about American soccer history though http://www.sover.net/~spectrum/

hope this helps mabye, probably not, either way i still find it a pretty interesting site because it has more then just stats and a little more behind the just the stats look along with articles and essays.

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

thanks saintsfan and evan, i'll check em out.  

and i gotta add 6) what the Friar is to logos doing something, sparkling water is to soft beverages...stand alone or you can mix it with apple juice, iced tea, whatever.  f'in rules.

and 7) didn't have to shovel, and i was doing laundry so i decided to start a Vandy dynasty in NCAA.  as the Commodores suck in the game about as bad as they do in reality, i simmed the first two seasons and managed to keep my job by winning 4 games in 2004.  the 2005 edition, after recruiting, i checked and the team was now nearing my liking: the talent to compete, finally!  game one: vs Ole Miss...wanted to see firsthand how good a team i'm buildingand the end result was a huge 45-35 win at home.  and Ole Miss only got 35 cus of turnovers, defensive lapses and a couple cases of going for it once too often.  and believe it or not, VU never trailed, although the game was tied a couple times...the Rebels never got closer than a field goal after about halftime, though...next up is Tulane.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived