Rochester Raging Rhinos logo

chestnutz

I'm just rolling out with concepts now that I know how :D . This is a Rochester Raging Rhinos concept, because they're in dire need of one. I was gonna do the Rochester Red Wings and Amerks, but decided against it.

(By the way, I did a Rochester FC concept a couple days ago, can be seen here.

First up is the (formerly known as) Rochester Raging Rhinos. The Rhinos play in the USL-1 division, which is basically the AAA MLS league. The Rhinos have dominated the league since they were formed in '96, making the playoffs every year. They have won 3 USL (formerly known as the A-League) championships, and won the US Open Cup (which, for those who don't know, includes MLS teams) in 1999. They were basically invited into the MLS a couple years ago with the addition of Paetec Park, a brand new soccer-oriented turf field (they formerly played at Frontier Field, where mainly baseball was played). Rochester has had players such as Doug Miller and Pat Onstad, who both went on to play in the MLS as well as many others.

Anyways, enough of that. On to the logos and uniforms. The Rhinos have always had this logo, and although it's pretty cool, it was definately time for a change.

The uniforms were updated a year or two ago, and look horrendous! (best pic I could find)

roger.jpg

That's black and white stripes with a yellow yolk (sp). Their away uniform changes a lot, usually either being solid green with white shorts or yellow shirts with differing short colors.

1394.jpg

The Rhinos' home uniforms are traditionally black and white vertical stripes, as can be seen here.

Well, I wanted to make the Rhinos seem more "European," which is never bad. I'm sick of American soccer teams being treated like all other American sports, but they shouldn't have nicknames, like Europe.

So I decided to change the name from "Rochester Raging Rhinos," which sounds, eh. I went with Rhinos Soccer Club, which fits because there's also a Lady Rhinos team and a Junior Rhinos (kids) team.

As for colors, they've always had a forest kinda green and just regular yellow, but since I'm modernizing it I went with a darker green and vegas gold. I know some of you don't like vegas gold and think it's the new fad, but I just love it and think it goes so well with this green.

ENOUGH ALREADY, right? Here's the logo.

3 gold stars for the three USL champs, and 1 white star for the Open Cup championship. I tried to draw a Rhino the best I could, and I didn't want it looking fierce but more of a silhoutte (mainly because Rhinos are mad hard to draw IMO). I don't think it's that great and need some C&C to exactly distinguish what it needs. The green stripe in the middle represents the Rhinos home uniform stripes.

rhinossoccerbadgecopy.png

Uniforms MAY come once I finalize the badge.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

The Rhino looks good, a little cartoony, but good.

I would take the gold outline off in the eye, it distracts too much, and I agree with scarygood with out lining the inside as well. I would also consider changing the font, and don't really like the fact that the city isn't mentioned anywhere on the badge.

It seems these days everyone is going for the vegas gold in replace of yellow or athletic gold, which makes this less unique. The colors go well and all, but I would like to see how it would look with some nice athletic gold.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Thanks for the input guys.

Quick update: Edited the soccer ball and I think it looks a lot better; went with "Golden Yellow" (according to wikipedia, RGB: 255, 233, 0) and I think that also looks a lot better; added outline to inner yellow circle; changed font and added Rochester.

I think taking your advice, although simple and minor, helped a lot.

rhinossoccerbadge2copy.png

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I think it may be the jaw/mouth area thats looks wierd, as well as the legs looking off as well.

Your update is a lot better though. I like the color of yellow you chose. Kristy works well for a font choice too, it seems a little cliche for some reason, but I think it works just fine, nice update.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

the points of the outside pentagons should point towards the points of the inner pentagon (to draw a soccer ball, draw a pentagon, then lines from each point that would bisect the angle. these lines begin to frame the hexagons that surround your pentagon. the pattern should follow from there.)

plmiddlesbrough.pngncaancarolina.pngligue1lyon-1.png

Could somebody please find Ja Rule so I can make sense of all this?!?! Help me Ja!!!

Archived