Rochester Football Club

chestnutz

For those who saw my Phoenix Firebirds logo concept, I decided to ditch that because I've had this idea for a long time and was looking forward to doing it. This is only the third time I've created anything (the other two being the Firebirds and a New York Mets logo), and first time with a uniform so any advice is helpful.

First is the logo, and I'm currently working on the uniforms (which I hope turn out great).

Introduction: So my hometown of Rochester, NY has a soccer team (USL 1st division league) called the Rochester Raging Rhinos, and they've long been one of the best teams in the league (almost joined the MLS but decided against it). Still, I wanted to make a soccer team for Rochester.

The colors are based off of the city flag, but I decided to darken them a bit because navy and yellow is my favorite color combo.

At first I was going to go with Flower City FC, which is the nickname of Rochester, but decided to go with Rochester FC and include flowers in the logo.

Everything in the logo was done from scratch, and I'm not sure how the flowers look so some advice would be great. The basic shape of the logo was influenced by Liverpool's.

Well, without further explanation, here it is.

rochesterfcbadgecopy.png

P.S., the uniforms will be coming soon, hopefully by tonight but if not then tomorrow. Think Boca Juniors.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

I'd lose the gradients and go with solid shapes. Also, the font is pretty illegible at this point. I think if you made the outline navy or something,r ather than the bright blue, it'd be easier to see. Kinda like your Firebirds concept: simplify.

Bored, update. Come on can I get some C&C on my first full concept?

I think this one is the best, and you were right, solid colors work.

I decided to use a star just for the hell of it, it's supposed to resemble a soccer ball a little bit, but I cannot draw a soccer ball for the life of me (so if anyone wouldn't mind helping me and draw me up a nice soccer ball that'd be fantastic).

By the way, I decided to incorporate the Erie Canal into the logo, as that really boomed Rochester's population. The dot is where Rochester is located.

rochesterfcbadgesolidcopy.png

spacer.png

all i can say is too many lines not enough shapes. The flowers should stand out more and be much more easily identified. the lines at the top are just random and make it look weird.id just work on some flowers first...

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Wayyyy too much going on man. And why have a tiny dot in a logo that for the most part will be about half the size of what you got now? What are those line things at the top? And I would work on the flowers to make them look like flowers if their gonna be that important in the whole thing. You have too many small pieces floating around in a shape, you need to be able to make things as simple as you can, but still be able to recognize what it is.

I would suggest to look at other logos to find inspiration and for examples, look at other soccer badges, and look at other logos with flowers in them. After that find a good idea, sketch it out on paper first, then bring it on the computer. Great logos aren't made in a few hours, take your time, and keep working! :)

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Now that I look at that latest update, I see what you guys are saying. So I decided to go in a different direction and love the way it turned out. Remember it's supposed to resemble the city flag.

rochesterfcbadgeNEWcopy.png

I have a reath of leaves (flowers) surrounding the badge, and RFC in the middle. Most of you are probably wondering what that little design is on top of the letters, and my answer is the "Wings of Progress," a somewhat famous landmark in Rochester located in downtown. I love driving by it and love the design of it, so I decided to put it in here.

http://rocwiki.org/Times_Square (description and pic of it)

I decided to put Excelsior, NY State's motto, on the banner type thing because honestly I didn't know what else to put there.

spacer.png

I like that last logo a lot better, but I have some problems with it:

1) It looks like the "R" is off center the way the leg of it goes way down like that, make it a normal R to make it look centered.

2) The "C" in FC looks way more skinnier than any other character on there, it seems out of place, like you used a different font.

3) The banner on the bottom also looks off center with the black stripe a tiny bit.

4) I would use a different font for "EXCELSIOR", the font you use now is too hard to read, imagine how hard it would be to read when its small on a jersey.

Other than that your new badge is loads more better than your previous ones. Way to improve.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived