College Football Coverage

logodawg

After watching major upsets two weekends in a row on Versus, I think they do a much better job covering CFB than ESPN. Versus is actually focuses on the game, what a concept. It's refreshing compared to ESPN and all the extra crap they have going on in the background. I don't care if the starting QB's best friends younger brother thinks it great that he was able to become a QB after losing his big toe during a fishing trip when he was 5!

Anybody else feel the same way?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

After watching major upsets two weekends in a row on Versus, I think they do a much better job covering CFB than ESPN. Versus is actually focuses on the game, what a concept. It's refreshing compared to ESPN and all the extra crap they have going on in the background. I don't care if the starting QB's best friends younger brother thinks it great that he was able to become a QB after losing his big toe during a fishing trip when he was 5!

Anybody else feel the same way?

Personally I like ESPN's game coverage on most live sports. It's the rest of the :censored: on the network that I despise. Gimme College Gameday, Baseball Tonight, PTI, and live games. Screw the rest of their gimmicky programming.

I didn't know Vs. even covered college football until Saturday night when I was desperately flipping around trying to find the Cal-OSU game. I landed on the last couple plays quite by accident. They really need to do a better job of marketing their product. I am a college football freak and I had no idea they covered games. That's a problem.

Now that I know they carry games I'll have to check them out.

BB52Big.jpg

I've only watched one game on Versus, but that was enough. The camera work was sketchy, the graphics were often incorrect and the announcers were a couple of chuckleheads who constantly got player names wrong and used the same big word that they looked up to sound intelligent over and over.

Other than that though....

Badger_zps8961c467.png

ESPN might have the dumbest set of sports "analysts/experts" to walk the planet but when it comes to game presentation, they get the job done so well. Versus, on the other hand, may have some of the dumbest commentators ever. ESPN covers sports so much better. Too bad the analysts can't come up as well.

Vs announcer

20-14 USC there is a TD for Stanford and now the decision for coach Jim Harbaugh go for the 2 point and the win or try to tie the game with the PAT, wait a minute its a 6-point game , ever mind heres the PAT and Stanford leads.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Yeah, Vs. announcers may have not been the greatest, but honestly, when I was watching the game I hardly noticed them which is what I like. I don't care if they are the dumbest SOBs on the planet as long as they are noticeable, unlike ESPN which hires the some of the dumbest SOBs on the planet and basicly forces you to notice them because they won't focus on the game.

Furthermore, as Vs. becomes more comfortable with college football coverage, the announcers will get better, just as long as they don't hire anyone from ESPN.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

I like Vs. But ESPN still has a better college football score ticker. It is updated more frequently (I have noticed that scores are not always updated right away on the Vs. Ticker), and includes Division I-AA scores (or FCS if you want to be a dick).

Archived