New Orleans Hornets

Conrad.

When I saw the fleur-de-bee alt the Hornets came out with, I loved it and immediately thought it should replace the current "borrowed" main logo they have left over from Charlotte...therefore, I adapted the alt logo to fit the same style as the current main logo. I had to edit out the top of the alt logo (therein making it just a bee logo, but I still like how it looks) but I could just use the full fleur-de-bee as the main alt logo for this identity update. Also, I changed the colors of the team to moreso reflect the NOLA feel, by making the teal a bit more green and the purple a bit richer...eventually, I am gonna make some uni's for this as well as the main alt logo (fleur-de-bee) and maybe another alt logo as well...

nokprimarywo0.png

C&C? I'd like to make this as good as possible with some constructive crit...

its a nice execution, but it loses its pizzazz without the entire fluer logo. now it just looks like a mediocre hornet with weird wings. its better than what they have now, but not better than the fluer de bee,

if you want the fluer de bee as a primary, just put a wordmark under or around it. maybe tweak up the colors on it, but don't take away what it is supposed to be.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

its a nice execution, but it loses its pizzazz without the entire fluer logo. now it just looks like a mediocre hornet with weird wings. its better than what they have now, but not better than the fluer de bee,

if you want the fluer de bee as a primary, just put a wordmark under or around it. maybe tweak up the colors on it, but don't take away what it is supposed to be.

Agreed. Using only part of a great design usually results in a lousy design, which I'm afraid is exactly what has happened here. By removing part of the logo you've ruined its balance.

If you're not going to use the entire fleur, then you should really design your own insect.

Archived