Ravens logo designer loses lawsuit

Waffles

I loved that set..

319.gif

BynerBalt.jpg

Not me! I remember seeing the unveiling of those monstrosities in 1996. I was appalled that a PROFESSIONAL team would have such a mess for a uniform, it was too dark. Little did I know that the Era of Monochrome Madness was soon to begin, thanks to these hideous Ravens unis... :mad:

The road uniforms were OK, at least. And they improved those in 1997 with the addition of pants striping. But the Ravens logos have suffered from the same problem: a dark logo on a black helmet just doesn't show up that well, same problem as the Jaguars and Falcons have.

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

I loved that set..

319.gif

BynerBalt.jpg

Not me! I remember seeing the unveiling of those monstrosities in 1996. I was appalled that a PROFESSIONAL team would have such a mess for a uniform, it was too dark. Little did I know that the Era of Monochrome Madness was soon to begin, thanks to these hideous Ravens unis... :mad:

The road uniforms were OK, at least. And they improved those in 1997 with the addition of pants striping. But the Ravens logos have suffered from the same problem: a dark logo on a black helmet just doesn't show up that well, same problem as the Jaguars and Falcons have.

You and me both. Just looked completely amateurish, and this was before I even knew the original design was initially submitted by a security guard! The unis (and the logo itself) were a complete mess.

The shield logo, in its toned-down current state, is much better, IMO.

Frankly, Bouchat should just piss off at this point.

It reminds me of that Happy Days episode where Fonzie was telling Potsie, "Always consult a good copyright attorney BEFORE you fax your design to a professional sports franchise and only ask for an autographed helmet in return."

...right before he nailed Paula Petralunga.

Fonzie was a prescient man-beast.

You and me both. Just looked completely amateurish, and this was before I even knew the original design was initially submitted by a security guard! The unis (and the logo itself) were a complete mess.

Add me to the list. I was very disappointed when they unveiled the original set. The overall look evolved over the next several years, however, to the point that I think their primary look (purple or white jersey, white pants) is very solid, with the exception of the helmet logo (and that isn't just my Ravens bias talking).

If by "[t]he shield logo, in its toned-down current state" you mean the shield that is on the sleeves now, it has actually been around all along. Look very closely at the hip on this picture and you will see a smaller version of it. The smaller version was also on the front left hip of the original pants.

VinnyBalt.JPG

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

The new helmet logo, on the other hand, is terrible. Even worse than the original.

I've never understood it - they have such great alternate logos, either of which would look so much better on a helmet.

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=310

http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=311

Archived