Favorite and Least Favorite NBA Courts

rmackman

I have to say I really hate the Miami Heat's court. I liked it back in the old Miami Arena when it was predominantly black, but now it seems mostly yellow...which is dumb IMO because yellow is a trim color.

I really like the Seattle Supersonics court though. I like the two tone courts.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I'd like the Nuggets' court if they'd dump the royal blue from their color scheme. Not only do the third jerseys not match their color scheme, but since they started using the pick-axe logo at center court, they use three seperate shades of blue on their court. Actually, nevermind... since I hate the font they use for their wordmark, which is at both baselines, I still wouldn't be overly crazy about their court. The pick-axe logo at center court looks great, though. My least favorite court is the Lakers. As for favorites? Probably Phoenix.

IUe6Hvh.png

Favorite: New Orleans Hornets court. That's a nice court. I love how they used the colors.

Least favorite: The Rockets courts from the days when Barkley played for them. The entire court was a friggin' cartoon.

Any team that used a stupid basketball design at the top of the key (Atlanta, Charlotte, who else?) - I hated those.

Best? Boston parquet. The original. Classic, understated, simply the best. BAR NONE. No ridiculous coloring, swoopy designs or overbearing logos.

Last time I checked, lime green wasn't in the Celtics' color scheme. That's why I hated the old Garden court. The lime green and red markings inside made no sense to me.

Any team that used a stupid basketball design at the top of the key (Atlanta, Charlotte, who else?) - I hated those.

Best? Boston parquet. The original. Classic, understated, simply the best. BAR NONE. No ridiculous coloring, swoopy designs or overbearing logos.

Last time I checked, lime green wasn't in the Celtics' color scheme. That's why I hated the old Garden court. The lime green and red markings inside made no sense to me.

Which is why I hate the Lakers court... it's like they use a pastel purple. I would say that when a team's court doesn't match the uniform colors, it can't really be considered a very nice court.

By the way, Flame, you mentioned the Hornets court... that's easily my favorite, and I can't believe I forgot all about it. I remember watching the Big XII tourney in Oklahoma City on the Hornets court and it's been my favorite ever since. I'm not sure if they use that same court design in New Orleans, but the one they used in Oklahoma City was great.

IUe6Hvh.png

The red markings are classic court hashmarks. And as far as the lime green vs. kelly-esque green on the unis, not a big deal. The use of lime was fine, brightened the floor up. Can't use that shade on the uniform, though. It may have been endemic of the 70s and 80s, where color matching on separate pieces (i.e. unis and floor colors) couldn't be matched exactly to the precise color # you can nowadays.

Still, i'll take that any day of the week than some vapor trail swooping around the court left by some oversized Hornet logo, coupled with gradient paint within the three-point line. Ugh.

Favorite: Celtics

Least favorite: any of the new paintless courts

Paintless courts are bad, with the exceptions of the Spurs (because they're bland all the way through, so it fits) and the Suns (because the court looks great on TV). Bobcats, however, have crossed the line. They are off the ugly scales, and that includes their blue jerseys and warmups. Their new court is an example of one where (as hormone said) the team color was replaced with plain... I applaud the teams that have managed to do two-tone well AND keep their team colors, but Bobcats, Hawks, and Rockets (and Cavaliers?) are the worst. Some of them don't even have paint on the out-of-bounds area.

Archived