Premier League: The Title Race

heernumurr

(for the record, leave the hubcaps, head straight for the stereo)

Yeah, I heard Steven Gerrard had a pretty good one... ;)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Would of been even more if we didn't gift arsenal 4 goals, had them on the back foot all game and go and throw it away like utd at Goodison last season.

being an Everton fan can be a labour of love sometimes.

Yeah, I'm a Gooner and even I thought that game was ugly. Arsenal could do nothing right in the first half, but in the second half it was as though the two sides just swapped kits.

CCSLC signature.png

Breaking news: David Beckham to the Gunners!!! (Well, sort of, anyway. It seems he's merely joined their equivalent of the practice squad.)

Arsene Wenger didn't say why he took Beckham in, but at the very least it should give his own players some additional motivation during practices. With any luck this will give the Gunners the edge they need to hold off Beckham's old club, Manchester United, and stay on top of the Premiership table.

CCSLC signature.png

Breaking news: David Beckham to the Gunners!!! (Well, sort of, anyway. It seems he's merely joined their equivalent of the practice squad.)

Arsene Wenger didn't say why he took Beckham in, but at the very least it should give his own players some additional motivation during practices. With any luck this will give the Gunners the edge they need to hold off Beckham's old club, Manchester United, and stay on top of the Premiership table.

WTF? :blink:

Beckham is only training with arsenal to keep his fitness up for the friendly in Feb. Nothing deeper than that.

That, and he has a home near the Arsenal training ground. Wenger has been asked if there is anything else going on here, and he has unequivocally said "No."

Archived