Kovalchuk all-star jersey

spyboy1

I went to the All-Star practice this morning and saw that Ilya Kovalchuk is wearing a #37 Dan Snyder patch on his All-Star jersey. It's just above the arm stripes on the left sleeve. I thought that was a really cool thing to do.

Another small thing I noticed that was the replica jerseys for the Maple Leafs have a white maple leaf with blue letters on the cream jerseys. When I saw those I thought "That doesn't stand out very well." Sure enough, Mats Sundin and Gary Roberts were both wearing BLUE maple leafs with white letters on their shoulders, which look much better. If you are buying one and want it just right, get the blue leaf crest.

One last thing, the captians "C" is located just to the LEFT of the NHL patch on the left shoulder. I saw some fan wearing one with the "C" below the shield.

One last thing, yesterday at the All-Star FANtasy, I got a Young Stars Game patch that I was told they were going to wear on their jerseys during the game tonight. I'll be looking for that. Does anyone know if they wore any special patch for that contest in the past?

Gotta go, I'm off to the skills competition!

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

The red All-Star jerseys look good, mainly because the Eastern logo is red. As I've already shown, they'd make good And at least they'll be wearing red pants instead of the black ones I saw on NHLuniforms.com. As I've shown already, I think they'd make great Red Wings alternates.

As okay as the green ones look, they really ought to be blue. The conference logo colors should be the colors of the jerseys.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Skills comp was fun.  (Spyboy, you gonna be there tomorrow?  Where ya sittin'?)

Interesting to note that the Naslund jerseys in the 200-level Hockey Lodge did not have a captain's C on them.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Skills comp was fun. (Spyboy, you gonna be there tomorrow? Where ya sittin'?)

sec 206 row 8 in 5&6.  Damn near blew it too. I wanted to keep the tickets nice as a souvenier (they are not only die-cut but both days are on one perforated page) so I put them in a big top loader and had my wife keep them in her purse last night rather than my jacket.

This morning she's leaving for coffee with a friend and I realize she still has them!! Man! I'm out the door with my boots on still in my pajamas at full speed to catch her before she vanishes with my tickets because she's not going with today. Luckily I got her before she backed out of the garage. Holy crap that was close...

It's interesting to see what numbers players chose when forced to change. Some added 1 (44 to 45 or 19 to 20), some reversed digits (19 to 91), some doubled their number (13 to 26) and some? Well, 11 to 9 or 44 to 24. Don't quite know the story there...

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

Some added 1 (44 to 45 or 19 to 20), some reversed digits (19 to 91), some doubled their number (13 to 26) and some? Well, 11 to 9 or 44 to 24. Don't quite know the story there...

JeffB

I would guess 44 to 24 is that 2 4s make 44, but maybe I'm reading into it too much.

Datsyuk also doubled his #13 to #26 for the 2002 Olympics, but I don't know if any of the other players have a history of wearing those numbers (aside from the ones that got their normal numbers, of course).

Archived