Augsburg College Baseball Concept

Hemi711

Hey all,

Any constructive criticism would be accpeted on this concept of mine. This is for the Augsburg Auggies baseball team, a D3 school in Minneapolis, MN. The Auggies are in the top 3 on my list of choices for baseball, and they are due for new jerseys next year so I thought I would play around with somethin.

baseballtemplateAugsburg2.jpg

Thanks,

Brace

Huskiescoathangnew.gifminnesota-dna.png

It's not bad. I'm not a fan of white/grey hats. As for the side panels, they're ok. I wish I had an idea of what to tell you.

I do like the Sabres' font you used (if I'm right and that's the font).

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

patsox - It looks perfectly fine when I am at my normal size in PS. Some reason it looks real bad when it is shrunk.

vicfruth - Right now they have the all White hat I have posted, as well as an all Maroon hat, which I don't mind either. Just thought I'd see how something else looked.

winghaz - The Auggies home jerseys are fine, but not the greatest. Their roads look like a cheap HS team, at least thats what I think of when I see that. I was talking to their coach about the bird. It's just been around with the school for a while I guess. Like asking why does St. John's have the Rat when they are the Johnnies I guess. Or the Guties and the lion.

-----

Here are some pics of the current uniform set...

HOME

IMG_0018.jpg

ROAD

IMG_2962.jpg

Yea the Concordia coaches gave me a whole speech about the logo when I was up there on my visit. Pretty interesting, and very unique to say the least.

Do you know what the Oles logo is supposed to be from? It reminds me of a soccer logo from Chelsea or something.

Anyways, here is the updated one with clean looking piping -- No other changes were made.

AugsburgBaseballJerseyConcept.jpg

Yea the Concordia coaches gave me a whole speech about the logo when I was up there on my visit. Pretty interesting, and very unique to say the least.

Do you know what the Oles logo is supposed to be from? It reminds me of a soccer logo from Chelsea or something.

Anyways, here is the updated one with clean looking piping -- No other changes were made.

The update looks a little nice... here's what I like:

I like the fact that the outlines on the wordmarks and numbers are consistent. Burgundy numbers with grey outlines on the home, Burgundy with white outlines on the away. I also like the white piping on the alt and I think that would like nice if it was every produced.

Here's a list of things I would change:

- I'd say lose the side panels. If they have to stay, extend them all the way down to the bottom of the jersey and make them solid burgundy.

- I think you could get away with one hat. A burgundy hat with a white A and a gray outline - echoing the white/gray/burgundy relationship used throughout the packages.

- Along the same lines, the numbers on the alt should go from burgundy with a white outline to white with a gray outline... no way they'd be legible the way they are now.

- Both sets of pants would really benefit from a burgundy stripe down the side and a burgundy belt(only if you ditch the side panels though).

- Finally... on the alt, that logo seems off to me. I think I don't like the fact that it's staring off the jersey... I wonder if you flip it(just the logo, not the A inside it), would it look better?

Cheers, keep going with this!

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

I'm liking the way this jersey set is going. A few things I might add...

- I agree with KennyRock lose the side panels. If they have to stay, extend them. Also add a burgandy line down the side of pants. The pants need something.

- I would stick to a burgandy hat with a white 'A' maybe outlined in grey. Use either the white or grey hat as an alternate or sunday hat with the bird.

To many hat options.

- Maybe lose Augsburg above the Auggies wordmark on the home jersey. It looks a little small and might be a little much for a home jersey.

- I really like the Alt. Jersey. but the numbers may need to be grey or white.

- How about a patch on one of the sleeves? The bird perhaps?

- I really like typeface you used for the numbers and workmarks. Nice choice!

Overall, a good design! Keep up the nice work!

i love the white and grey hats

just wear them with the colored jerseys otherwise the players look like ice cream men

i would say lose the "auggies"

it looks too much like aggies (texas a&m( and with the colors being similiar as well

The update looks a little nice... here's what I like:

I like the fact that the outlines on the wordmarks and numbers are consistent. Burgundy numbers with grey outlines on the home, Burgundy with white outlines on the away. I also like the white piping on the alt and I think that would like nice if it was every produced.

Here's a list of things I would change:

- I'd say lose the side panels. If they have to stay, extend them all the way down to the bottom of the jersey and make them solid burgundy.

- I think you could get away with one hat. A burgundy hat with a white A and a gray outline - echoing the white/gray/burgundy relationship used throughout the packages.

- Along the same lines, the numbers on the alt should go from burgundy with a white outline to white with a gray outline... no way they'd be legible the way they are now.

- Both sets of pants would really benefit from a burgundy stripe down the side and a burgundy belt(only if you ditch the side panels though).

- Finally... on the alt, that logo seems off to me. I think I don't like the fact that it's staring off the jersey... I wonder if you flip it(just the logo, not the A inside it), would it look better?

Cheers, keep going with this!

I will start to add these changes maybe tonight if I can get to it. Otherwise, on the home and away I was going for the Nike template that has been used by Miami, FSU, Georgia, etc. I wasn't quite sure how to show it with just a front and a back so I just did it that way. Here is a picture of FSU wearing theirs.

SDIM0964.jpg

If I can be completely honest, I always have thought that that piping was better for football and basketball, but shouldve have never been on a baseball uniform. Not to say that your work is bad, its just that I have never been a fan of any sort of piping on a baseball uniform unless it is pinstripes. However, I think that everything else you have going is absolutely awesome. I think that if you took out the piping, this would be a near perfect concept. Just keep up the good work - this concept has mad potential.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Archived