Logo Design Help

JWoods077

Hey all,

I was working on a logo for the llc my brother started up and would like some quality input from everyone here. For some reason the colors got brighter when I uploaded to photobucket, the blues were a little more washed out and grayer in illustrator. I'm thinking right now I have wayyy too many gradients, but I don't really know where to begin.

BlueSkyyLogo.jpg

Thanks.

UPDATED

I tried to simplify it a lot and work with what I had...

BlueSkyyRetry1.jpg

BlueSkyyRetry2.jpg

BlueSkyyRetry3.jpg

plmiddlesbrough.pngncaancarolina.pngligue1lyon-1.png

Could somebody please find Ja Rule so I can make sense of all this?!?! Help me Ja!!!

The background image seems too faint for practical use. Plus, I think the blur should be eliminated. As it stands, the logo makes me think of a bar more than property management.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

thanks a lot for the help guys, any other suggestions to convey more of a property company than a bar? i'm willing to rework the thing from scratch if necessary

Could somebody please find Ja Rule so I can make sense of all this?!?! Help me Ja!!!

I would use a solid more thicker font and have it either on one line or stacked above each other. It's thin and that subconsciously gives the reader the feeling of it's weak and you don't want that. I don't even know if I'd use light color, if I did I'd say a grey and no blue-greys. When I think property I think concrete grey and land which would be brown and green. Maybe a navy blue would work better.

Is your bro married to that name? Isn't Blue Skyy a Vodka brand? It sounds more like a nightclub than a property management firm.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

there just doesnt seem to be any overall look or cohesion to the thing mate.

all the gradients are different lengths and are not in keeping with the characters

they are attached to, to the point that it almost reads skyg.

the k has an odd kick on it.

properties llp looks awkward and you seem to have a comma in there too?

you can barely see the background image.

id simplify the whole thing, get rid of gradients and the background image.

it also seems like properties should have more emphasis than llc.

you should possibly just select a nice font? this would:

a) tie in with any other branding for the company

B) avoid breaking any typographic conventions.

ps. thats a bee with a closed bracket after it, not a miss placed smiley. teenagers.

and blue skyy (spelt with two yys) is a brand of vodka.

thanks again guys, the name is set as blue skyy (long story, the co-owner wanted the name to be more unique-hence the extra y). the logo is not set in stone, obviously i'm new at this so suggestions are criticisms are always welcome.

this was something i did a while back. what you were doing sort of reminded me of it a touch.

dont know if its any help, but i find if you are using grades then i find they work better if the change is subtle.

kay.png

I'd say use a bolder, thicker font on the middle one and you've definitely got something, m'man. The other two are too busy. A logo should be a simple, iconic graphic statement, not a mini-masterpiece.

Sigs are for sissies.

#4 is the best of the bunch. The definition of the skyline is maintained. #2 & #3 have too heavy of strokes, distorting the building silhouettes.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

thanks again guys.

any opinion on the B & S (in one version they are the same font as everything else, the other two are essentially the same path). never know quite what to do with contrasting opinions, guess i'll present them to my brother and see what he thinks.

thanks again guys.

any opinion on the B & S (in one version they are the same font as everything else, the other two are essentially the same path). never know quite what to do with contrasting opinions, guess i'll present them to my brother and see what he thinks.

stick with the one where they are the same font as the rest of the text.

you don't really want BS to be the first thing people see...

"Ooh! Look at this honey! Wait -B.S.- hold on, Bull :censored: Properties? nah."

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Archived