St. Louis Rams concept

mantleisthebest7

Hey y'all!

I finished this concept after my Saints one. The basic idea is the same, bringing a team back to an older era. I am a huge fan of throwbacks, and I came across a pic of HOF reciever Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch. The uniform he was wearing was from about the 1950's, and it looked incredible. I decided that a cool look would be to bring that look back with St. Louis' current colors and slight modernization (wordmark on uniform). Well tell me what you think!

l_36c174fd5296584ba50b76d9f525c3ab.png

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Hey y'all!

I finished this concept after my Saints one. The basic idea is the same, bringing a team back to an older era. I am a huge fan of throwbacks, and I came across a pic of HOF reciever Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch. The uniform he was wearing was from about the 1950's, and it looked incredible. I decided that a cool look would be to bring that look back with St. Louis' current colors and slight modernization (wordmark on uniform). Well tell me what you think!

l_36c174fd5296584ba50b76d9f525c3ab.png

Looks very nice, but I wonder how it would look on the field. The thing that would bother me are hose big thick stripes that don't wrap all the way around. Back in the days of longer sleeves, those would have wrapped all the way around and would look great. But these "days of the mini-sleeve", I fear it would look odd, like the way it looks on the Steelers.

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

That's looking pretty nice, just make the numbers on the white jerseys the same as the other two. Also, I think going with their current colors as opposed to the yellow and blue or white and blue of old is a good choice. Nice stuff so far!

They look nice. I'd make the gold pants the primary home and away though (I know they wore white back then). I'd also lose the grey facemask. Those just kill me when it isn't part of their color scheme. It was out of necessity back then, now they can color it.

Interestingly enough, I've always thought of the current Rams uniforms as a modernized set of what they wore immediately after they went away from the Hirsch era uniforms. Actually, when they made the switch, they had shoulder stripes on the aways and sleeve stripes on the homes. The currents were (or seem to me to have been) inspired by the aways. They first wore shoulder stripes that went blue/yellow/blue, then after a couple of years switched to a solid thick blue stripe.

The Rams could do a million things to have a good look, but ultimately I think I like what they've got right now.

I think the Rams current design is rather innovative when compared to many other teams that have donned the North Western stripes. Personally, I think going back to that (and the homes looking like the Steelers from the distance found in a stadium) makes them less unique. I agree that they look "good," it looks like a solid traditional design, but for the NFL as the year round uniforms? I'm not so sure they're going to "put asses in the seats," you know? They do look good as a throwback set, perhaps the gold as a Rams alternate, but I think they're just tooo classical and not unique enough considering the direction the marketing and development of the franchise has taken.

Archived