Kewp's Football(Soccer) Project

kewp80

D.C. United

LA Galaxy

Millwall FC

Kansas City Wizards

The 5th installment of Kewp's Football(Soccer) Project: Real Salt Lake.

First of all I would like to say that I don't like the name Real Salt Lake, at all. Same with Red Bull New York. However, because they are now actually in a partnership with Real Madrid that even includes a huge youth development program, it seems somewhat appropriate. That being said, I toyed around with names such as Salt Lake Wasatch or just Salt Lake City. In the end I decided to go with Real Salt Lake.

You may recognize the badge from a Salt Lake concept I did a while ago. The shape is to represent Utah being the beehive state, and the mountains represent the mountains of the Wasatch Front. Used a new font for the interlocking RSL, and thought the crown was appropriate since Real means Royal.

The kits are designed from the new Adidas Trofeo jersey, however, because of limited resources to research from I still don't know what the back of the jersey looks like. For this concept I had to guess; judging from the Trofeo goalkeeping jersey.

So, let me know what you think. Gonna keep going with the MLS as either the Revolution or New York will be up next.

RSL_Identity.png

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I'm liking what I see with my hometown team here. Nice job. It looks like what soccer kits should look like, and you can say all you want about this being America, but as far aso soccer goes, Euro is the way to go. This kit reminds me of Spain, and that's a good thing. Good job kewp, coming from a die hard Real fan and Utah native, Good job.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Pros:

-I'm really liking the idea behind that crest, but I think some things need to be changed a little.

Cons:

-I just hate that kit template. It looks like someone someone tried to draw the outline of the Pokemon Snorlax on the back.

-The outline on the home numbers shouldn't be black, and the away numbers shouldn't be black.

-I think the RSL intertwining logo needs a little tweaking. You should be able to see the top parts of the S and L

-The crown, although I like it, looks like it was taken from a clip art and vectorized or something (no offense)

-The away kit looks way too dominated by red. I think blue shorts would balance it nicely.

I like the overall concept though kewp

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Pros:

-I'm really liking the idea behind that crest, but I think some things need to be changed a little.

Cons:

-I just hate that kit template. It looks like someone someone tried to draw the outline of the Pokemon Snorlax on the back.

-The outline on the home numbers shouldn't be black, and the away numbers shouldn't be black.

-I think the RSL intertwining logo needs a little tweaking. You should be able to see the top parts of the S and L

-The crown, although I like it, looks like it was taken from a clip art and vectorized or something (no offense)

-The away kit looks way too dominated by red. I think blue shorts would balance it nicely.

I like the overall concept though kewp

-I seriously hope that's not how the back of that template looks, but we'll have to wait a little while to see what the back really looks like.

-There are only two teams (Chivas home/away and New York away) who don't have black and white numbers.

-I based the interlocking RSL off of this logo.

-The crown is also taken from the current logo.

-I like the away with more red, I tried other combos, but that just looks the best.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Great Uniform Deign. My only gripe is the badge. It's too compact. You should stretch out the bage shape somewhat vertically and a little horizontally and to me, it would look better.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived