All Hail the New York Giants

Bruins4Life

Wow is all I have to say, congrats to the Giants and all their fans! Check out this wallpaper I made up to celebrate the occasion!

http://wolverine080976.deviantart.com/art/...Giants-76467557

All_Hail_the_New_York_Giants_by_Wolverine080976.jpg

And excuse the title...man I hate when I type stuff before I've had my first 6 cups of coffee's for the morning!

Not bad, but the type is way too busy. If you're going to add a starfilter, it should be reflected in the helmet as well.

And it's not "2007-2008". This isn't soccer. The Giants are the 2007 Champions.

Well the season started in 2007 and the Super Bowl was won in 2008, the official end to the NFL season so no matter how you look at it they are the 2007-2008 Champions! The same for hockey seasons, Canadian football seasons, etc. The only game that starts in a year and finishes that same year is baseball. The World Series winner this year will the the 2008 Champions!

I think any time you are referencing the champions of the NFL you have to use the super bowl number rather than the year. Putting the year just doesn't seem right.

Try throwing the helmet back in photoshop and doing a little bevel/emboss so it blends with the background. If you give it a more 3D look rather than a 2D drawing, the wallpaper will flow better.

Cards08.jpg

World Champions: 1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006

Not bad, but the type is way too busy. If you're going to add a starfilter, it should be reflected in the helmet as well.

And it's not "2007-2008". This isn't soccer. The Giants are the 2007 Champions.

Well the season started in 2007 and the Super Bowl was won in 2008, the official end to the NFL season so no matter how you look at it they are the 2007-2008 Champions! The same for hockey seasons, Canadian football seasons, etc. The only game that starts in a year and finishes that same year is baseball. The World Series winner this year will the the 2008 Champions!

The NFL does not recognize its season as wrapping across the New Year, they record their champions in the year that the season started. So in this case the Giants won the Super Bowl for the 2007 season.

Archived