Miami MLS Fan Club Logos/Names

fishheatcats

Ok guys I need some opinions! I recently joined up with www.miamisoccerfan.com, a group in the mold of Philly's "Sons of Ben". It started out as "MLS Miami Supporter's Club" as a placeholder name until it got rolling. Now we're all trying to think of some good names/logos to put up for a vote to make the official name and logo. Myself and club website founder Pieter Brown have come up with a few logo ideas, and I was wondering which you guys like the best, and if you have any suggestions for how to improve them.

First here's his original logo:

unknownrl2.png

Now here's my 2 ideas. The first is a variation of my Miami FC MLS concept logo you may have seen. The second is a more traditional crest featuring Miami's Freedom Tower. He's pretty set on the Miami standard aqua/orange, but I'm liking the aqua/purple, because since the Diamondbacks and Mighty Ducks changed they are totally unique. My name idea is Magic City United(if you don't know "The Magic City" is Miami's nickname).

mylogoslg9.png

Now here's Pieter's ideas. Both are shields incorporating the city's flag and/or seal.

pietslogoslr0.png

So C&C on all these, and if you could think of any name ideas that'd be great!

For the one's with the Freedom Tower, I think you might want to stylize it a bit more. The tower is far too detailed and the line weights are too thin. It's a great start, though. I especially like the art deco style on the third one.

Of the bottom two, I like the one on the right a lot.

Badger_zps8961c467.png

Like the bottom right, though I wouldn't use the city seal.

"MFC" on the tower makes me laugh, since I'm sure most of the Miami MLS supporters wouldn't be caught anywhere near a Miami FC game.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

These colors are really dull. Brighter colors would make the concept livelier and better.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived