Falcons release Alge Crumpler and 6 others

Drew22

Agreed. If he is healthy, I'd love to see the Titans pick him up, especially since Heimerdinger is back. He could really utilize a weapon like that.

Not sure why the Falcons cut him. It seems like they could've gotten something in a trade.

That's the only thing I didn't like about this. They could've really got something in a trade for Crump, instead of just letting him go outright.

But I understand what they're doing though...they're trying to clean house completely.

Yeah. I have heard rumors (or maybe not just rumors?) that Crumpler was a locker room problem last season but still they should have gotten something for him. After Crumpler and Shockey there's a pretty big drop off.

The most they would've gotten out of him is a fifth-round pick, and I doubt even that. Remember, the Pats got Randy freakin' Moss for a fourth-rounder!

That was because people thought that Moss was washed up, and the Raiders FO is comprised of mostly idiots.

Crumpler still has a reputation around the NFL of being one of the more productive TEs in the NFL right now. The Falcons would've gotten a real good deal for Crumpler if they played their cards right.

But we'll never know.

The Falcons would've gotten a real good deal for Crumpler if they played their cards right.

For a 31-year-old TE coming off an injury? Who gained 444 yards last year and has shown clear decline over the past 3? This isn't Madden.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

The Falcons would've gotten a real good deal for Crumpler if they played their cards right.

For a 31-year-old TE coming off an injury? Who gained 444 yards last year and has shown clear decline over the past 3? This isn't Madden.

Clear decline? Dude, he had a career high in TDs in 06, and before that had a career high in receiving yards. And anything that happened in 2007 is a moot point because that was basically his first year with any sort of injury, and then he was in an idiot's offense that ignored the TE position. But other than that, the decline comment really makes no sense because if anything, he was still effective before the Season From Hell.

I'm sure most people would look at that and figure that they could get at least some sort of a deal. Eh.

There is such a lack of good tight-ends this season that the Eagles franchised LJ freaking Smith. This is a great year to have a good tight end available for trade. It is pretty obvious that there isn't much if any of a market for Crumpler.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived