MLB 07: The Show Unlockable Legends

mantleisthebest7

Hey y'all!

My brother recently got MLB 07: The Show for PS2 and I started playing it a while back. I love everything about the game, from its graphics and music to the superstar-type game mode it has. But then I unlocked the legends and something bothered me - infact a few things. First, the game is missing some key legends. Ted Williams, Willie Mays, and Hank Aaron are not featured in the game. Oh, and I almost forgot, niether is Mickey Mantle (which you can imagine made me furious). Then on top of that, they place Eddie Mathews (thank goodness they didnt forget him) on the wrong legends team. He should be on the old-timers team, like he is on MVP Baseball 05, with Ruth, Gehrig, and Ashburn and them. But they put him on a team with players that began thier careers well after he retired in 1968 - they put him on the modern legends team.

What do you think of all this? Any explainations or ideas you may have on these screw-ups?

P.S: I don't think Stan Musial is featured, either.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Hey y'all!

My brother recently got MLB 07: The Show for PS2 and I started playing it a while back. I love everything about the game, from its graphics and music to the superstar-type game mode it has. But then I unlocked the legends and something bothered me - infact a few things. First, the game is missing some key legends. Ted Williams, Willie Mays, and Hank Aaron are not featured in the game. Oh, and I almost forgot, niether is Mickey Mantle (which you can imagine made me furious). Then on top of that, they place Eddie Mathews (thank goodness they didnt forget him) on the wrong legends team. He should be on the old-timers team, like he is on MVP Baseball 05, with Ruth, Gehrig, and Ashburn and them. But they put him on a team with players that began thier careers well after he retired in 1968 - they put him on the modern legends team.

What do you think of all this? Any explainations or ideas you may have on these screw-ups?

Best. Game. Ever.

Anyway, I wouldn't know what to make of it. I doubt it's a conspiracy, just maybe a bunch of uneducated programmers. It's a stupid error though.

As for the missing legends, I don't have a PlayStation, but that would be something that may make me not want to buy that game. That's just stupid, unless they have some other reason for omitting them.

Hey y'all!

Best. Game. Ever.

Anyway, I wouldn't know what to make of it. I doubt it's a conspiracy, just maybe a bunch of uneducated programmers. It's a stupid error though.

As for the missing legends, I don't have a PlayStation, but that would be something that may make me not want to buy that game. That's just stupid, unless they have some other reason for omitting them.

First off, I agree that MVP 05 was the best baseball game ever. As far as the omission of certain players goes, it's probably a licensing thing. Those guys all get paid to be a part of the game. If they don't make the deal then the game can't use their names, images, etc. Usually if you look around on the net there will be someone who has figured out the attributes of the missing players etc. and you can simply create them.

BB52Big.jpg

Hey y'all!

Best. Game. Ever.

First off, I agree that MVP 05 was the best baseball game ever. As far as the omission of certain players goes, it's probably a licensing thing. Those guys all get paid to be a part of the game. If they don't make the deal then the game can't use their names, images, etc. Usually if you look around on the net there will be someone who has figured out the attributes of the missing players etc. and you can simply create them.

Once you retire you are no longer part of the Players Union which usually licences players names for games. As a result, you are right, you need to sign the players or their estates to a contract allowing you to use their name and likeness, otherwise, you would get sued for it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I hear what y'all are saying, but some of it doesnt make sense. Mickey Mantle is featured in MVP Baseball 05 (Thank goodness), so It cant be a licensing thing, especially where his estate is so dedicated to having his image on anything they can. Now Hank, Willie, and the Man arent in MVP either, so it may be a licensing thing with them. But Mickey should be ok.......

Oh, and I agree. MVP is the best ever. I have it also on PS2.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I hear what y'all are saying, but some of it doesnt make sense. Mickey Mantle is featured in MVP Baseball 05 (Thank goodness), so It cant be a licensing thing, especially where his estate is so dedicated to having his image on anything they can. Now Hank, Willie, and the Man arent in MVP either, so it may be a licensing thing with them. But Mickey should be ok.......

Oh, and I agree. MVP is the best ever. I have it also on PS2.

They could have been asking for a lot more money and the developer simply told them to screw off.

There is a reason why no former NHLers are in the 2K series games... would cost too much!! :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Hey y'all!

Best. Game. Ever.

I agree that MVP 05 is the best baseball game ever, but The Show is no slouch itself. I like it very much. Top 5 all time on the video game list. All games pale in comparison to NHL 08. The jar now has two more cents.

800th post. hooray me!

I hear what y'all are saying, but some of it doesnt make sense. Mickey Mantle is featured in MVP Baseball 05 (Thank goodness), so It cant be a licensing thing

Different companies make the game -- it most certainly can be a licensing thing

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived