If the nhl folds

IceCap

The NHL will not fold if it ever got close to that point outside force will step in and mediate and Gary Bettman whose eveil plan is to destroy the sport will be exposed and sent back to the NBA a failure.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The NHL will not fold if it ever got close to that point outside force will step in and mediate and Gary Bettman whose eveil plan is to destroy the sport will be exposed and sent back to the NBA a failure.

See, I wouldn't be surprised to seem them fold and reorganize, but maybe that's just me.

I think the NHL has a GREAT chance of folding, however, the remaining owners would quickly reorganize, and, in all likelyhood, use the NHL name. If it comes to that.

I think the worst we will see is a maximum of 8 teams fold up, the players finally decide to cave a little, the owners accept, and we miss a year of hockey, but the sport will be better off.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I think the NHL has a GREAT chance of folding, however, the remaining owners would quickly reorganize, and, in all likelyhood, use the NHL name. If it comes to that.

I think the worst we will see is a maximum of 8 teams fold up, the players finally decide to cave a little, the owners accept, and we miss a year of hockey, but the sport will be better off.

That's basically what I mean.

And there's nothing wrong with loving that era of hockey and those teams because of it, I just hate the term original six.

ya, that term upsets me to. insted of calling them the original 6, how about original 2? if the nhl folds, i would like to see these teams reorganize into a new leauge:

1-6) the original 6

7-11) the remaning original expansion teams (dallas must get rid of their third if they want to take part)

12) buffalo sabers

13-17) the remaing canadian teams plus a team in winnipeg

18) new jersey devils

19) colorado avalanch

20) minnisota wild

21) hartford walers

22) tampa bay lightining

23) atlanta thrashers (wicked thirds and all!)

24) columbus blue jackets

25) los angeles kings

and i HATE gary bettman  

:angry:

And there's nothing wrong with loving that era of hockey and those teams because of it, I just hate the term original six.

ya, that term upsets me to. insted of calling them the original 6, how about original 2? if the nhl folds, i would like to see these teams reorganize into a new leauge:

7-11) the remaning original expansion teams (dallas must get rid of their third if they want to take part)

25) los angeles kings

You do realize that the Kings are one of the "Second Six"?

Am I the only one who's optimistic that everything could be fine come next October?  Keep your spirits up people.  We don't need us abandoning hope before it fades.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Am I the only one who's optimistic that everything could be fine come next October? Keep your spirits up people. We don't need us abandoning hope before it fades.

opps, thanks rc. that must of slipped my mind.

Im sick of these doom and gloom NHL threads. Never let what you hear in labor negotations scare you. I personally see a lockout, but I cant see no season next year. Eventually one side will blink.

Especially if players start going to the WHA, fear of a strong rival league could soft the owners stance, while fear of losing millions a year will soften the player stance. There will a season next year.

Nobody is that stupid to ruin an entire season.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Baseball fans said that too....

I'm willing to have a season hiatus and teams disappear for the health of the league. We need this lockout, we need this for the health of hockey.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

25) los angeles kings

Am I the only one who's optimistic that everything could be fine come next October? Keep your spirits up people. We don't need us abandoning hope before it fades.

I'm actually pretty optimistic. I think the players will cave.

That was 1994 this is now.

Besides Baseball was a different story the comish was an owner.

It happened once and other will not want to take a chance of repeating the mistake of baseall.

Look back to  1998/99 this was the same things there were saying in the NBA. Eventually there was a half season fater a compromise. Same thing will happen to the NHL at the worst.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

That was 1994 this is now.

Besides Baseball was a different story the comish was an owner.

It happened once and other will not want to take a chance of repeating the mistake of baseall.

Look back to 1998/99 this was the same things there were saying in the NBA. Eventually there was a half season fater a compromise. Same thing will happen to the NHL at the worst.

I dunno, as much as I'm confident, I'm not gonna say what the worst is....

Whats going on right now is hyperopolle once they get a veiw of teh real world and get to the table and start taking tahts when things will get less hostile, and a deal will be possible.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Whats going on right now is hyperopolle once they get a veiw of teh real world and get to the table and start taking tahts when things will get less hostile, and a deal will be possible.

I see the owners holding out until a cap, and if the players won't accept one, it will be a long time.

Archived